Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introducing the King of the Forum Challenge

Scott Malin

Scott Malin

I am pleased to announce the next GymnasticBodies competition. The previous challenge (Easter Egg) was won by Ian G Myers, who not only came to the seminar on us, but nearly gained the extremely grueling first level of certification. King of the Forum is an ongoing competition that is King-of-the-Hill style. 

Details

-The winner becomes "King of the Forum" and has their avatar and name on top of the leader board as well as the fancy title and some additional visuals to their posts. 

-Challenges will come randomly across time or who gives it. 

-Challenges will be varied. The idea is that one always needs to be prepared in her/his training or otherwise because no one has an idea what's coming next.

-Points are awarded based on ranking for a challenge. Top 10 places get points (10th = 1 pt, 1st = 10 pt). 

-We have special rankings for those who aren't King. You'll have to wait until the first challenge ends to see them. :P

-Points are cumulative between challenges.

-To gain the "King of the Forum" title, you have to beat the current King. It is not enough to tie.

-While the reward for most challenges will be satisfaction, there might be certain rare challenges with something more substantial. If and when that’s the case, you won’t know ahead of time.

-Professionals will be ineligible for the title, but may submit videos nonetheless for fun.

King of the Forum Challenge No. 1

1-Arm Handstand, Belly to the Wall for time

Rules:

-You can use either hand, but may not switch once the clock has begun.

-The heel of your palm must be no further than 6” from the wall. You must put a ruler of some sort on the ground so we can see the distance.

-Feet and legs must be together, and you may not grab the wall or onto anything else to gain an unfair advantage.

-The timer begins only once you are in position.

-Submissions must be in the form of a video uploaded to Youtube, Vimeo, or another service. Embed the video in the post as a reply to this thread. Any submission that does not follow all of the above guidelines will be tossed out.

-Winner is determined by most time in the proper position

Below are the challengers from the seminar. Zach holds the record at 1 minute, 10 seconds. Do you have what it takes to beat him and become King?

PS. There is also a special title for Josh for fastest one down on this first challenge. :D

• Upvote 10

Scott Malin

KotF I. :P it's the little things that count while they last.

There's not a limit to valid submissions. If you can do better, bring it!

Daniel Burnham

Bring it Zach. I contacted Desi. She's coming for you.

Uh Oh.  I think Ill sit this one out then...

Scott Malin

Uh Oh. I think Ill sit this one out then...

Not a chance, you can do much better than on Monday.

Nic Branson

heh, wonder if i should join this one.

Haha. We excluded you and Yuri from ranking. You can still submit a video for people to chase though!

• Upvote 1

Mikael Kristiansen

My record freestanding 1 arm on floor is around 1 minute 30 seconds or so and thats a good while ago. 2 min should be within reach with a bit of training, but im not training much endurance at the moment.

Fair enough that both me and yuri is excluded. looking forwards to see how long people will be able to stay up there. 

Joshua Slocum

Not a chance, you can do much better than on Monday.

Yeah, it'll be much easier without Coach's heckling to make everyone burst out laughing  :D

Joshua Naterman

Does any one have full waste baskets? Just running my rounds... :)

• Upvote 2

Mats Trane

KotF I. :P it's the little things that count while they last.

That looked like a warmup for you!

Daniel Burnham

I'm sorry but was that Joshua Naterman in the red shorts ?

Yep

Scott Malin

Lol, just tried it and couldn't hold it for a second p.p

Video or I don't believe you! I'm sure Josh could use someone to clean the wastebaskets with a toothbrush after he's done with his rounds. :)

Jon Douglas

Are entries open as of OP? I'm travelling from Friday evening so I'll have to get my entry in soon ^_^

Scott Malin

Are entries open as of OP? I'm travelling from Friday evening so I'll have to get my entry in soon ^_^

Absolutely. The more entries the better. You never know until you try how you'll do.

Desiree Walker

I fear no Desi!

...please don't tell her i said that *cowers*

:P ....ha - y'all are funny but just in case you're wondering - . I just did 1:10 for 2 reps on each arm (on a full belly after dinner)  ... it was tough, but  think I may be able to top it.......we'll have to see ;)

• Upvote 4

yuri marmerstein

haha I was quite happy that you excluded me from this.  By that point in the seminar I was completely wiped

• Upvote 1

Guest SuperBru

I might try to attempt this just because I like a challenge. I have absolutely no experience with handstands so it will be interesting to see what happens. It will be 100% dedication mind over matter stuff:P

Kate Abernethy

I might try to attempt this just because I like a challenge. I have absolutely no experience with handstands so it will be interesting to see what happens. It will be 100% dedication mind over matter stuff:P

Likewise, and I think that with beginner's luck and a lot of shaking a few seconds will be possible. The King's Royal Garbage Collector  did 15 seconds... :o

I'm going to do it after a 6 course meal with craptons of poptarts - that'll take care of Desi   :D

Edited by LateStarter@46