Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help developing a routine

Daryl Chan

Daryl Chan

Hello everyone my name is Daryl Chan.
I was a tricker, doing flips and stuff, but i had surgery and was unable to move very much now that i am getting back on my feet. I am becoming more interested in the world of handbalancing.I have realised if i do  not do handstands a bit every other day at least, I begin to lose the feeling and it slips away a bit.

I was wondering if people would  be willing to share their routines with me, and or maybe help me develope one of my own.

As for my current  handstand abilities. I will post a link below.

sorry, i do not know how to post in the thread  videos.

my goals would be to eventually progress to one handed handstands Please feel free to comment critique or just help me devise a routine thank you.

Joshua Slocum

It'd be helpful if you could elaborate more on what you're doing for practice now.

Also, when taking videos of yourself, don't wear baggy clothing. It makes it much more difficult for viewers to evaluate your form.

Daryl Chan

At the moment, i am just doing static handstands like in the video, straddle handstands. and i am beginning to shift my weight from one side to the other in progress for  one hand. As for routines, just wondering about sets excercizes that may help me, and number of seconds held in the positions etc etc. As for the baggy clothes, im very sorry but im self concious about the way i look so thats what i practice in, but will a tucked in t shirt be better?

• 2 weeks later...
Youthser Guerrero

Not bad, your hips are nicely over your shoulders. Let your head hang a little bit more, that'll make you straighter, point your toes and squeeze your inner thighs and suck in your belly... of course, all easier said than done, but constant practice will get you there. Your shoulders are a little closed as well, but not that much.

I don't think you need to wear tight clothes for us to see where your shape is at, but don't be self conscious my friend! Embrace the body you have and work on improving it but never fear the eyes of strangers, we're all here to help not make fun of anyone.

As far as a routine goes, I don't have too much advice, spend a lot of time on your hands. Do a lot of stomach to wall holds getting as close as possible to help with alignment (and the body tightening I suggested above) without having to worry about balancing too much (though you will come off the wall if you're doing it right, ever so slightly)

Happy training.

• Upvote 1