Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Muscle Up Transition

Jeff Walker

Christian Sørlie

The end result of rope climbs will be rope climbs. I guess we'll see rope introduced in F4. We did some of these drills at the Finland seminar and proper rope climb is very hard. Once you see some of them you'll see why mastering these will take care of your muscle up. Stick with the program, do extra stretching and try attending a seminar and soon you'll be wondering why you thought muscle ups were hard in the first place.

• Upvote 4

Joshua Naterman

I do have F1 and F2. I meant that i dont know what the RC final progression is because even at the end of RC in F2 were still not climbing a rope. I will post a video after i take one. I am not bragging, i actually think im not strong enough for this stuff.

where are you in the RC progressions? Have you actually mastered RC/PE1? A lot of people have a lot more to gain out of this exercise. This is a major development exercise, so once you do achieve mastery make darn sure you keep two sets in your warm up for a very long time.
  • Upvote 2

Alessandro Mainente

The end result of rope climbs will be rope climbs. I guess we'll see rope introduced in F4. We did some of these drills at the Finland seminar and proper rope climb is very hard. Once you see some of them you'll see why mastering these will take care of your muscle up. Stick with the program, do extra stretching and try attending a seminar and soon you'll be wondering why you thought muscle ups were hard in the first place.

this is actually the secret!

Alessandro Mainente

for the mu transition Coach told me to try a transition variation of the russian dips that simply left my triceps to be weak weak weak and weak for the following 5 days.

that's why seminar are a gold opportunity!

• Upvote 1

Joshua Naterman

Im not interested in a seminar

What variation are u referring to?

"I'm not interested in a seminar. Please tell me seminar info."

*grabs cheese, grapes, and watches the silence grow*

Alessandro Mainente

i will not reveal this type of seminars material without Coach approval.

Keilani Gutierrez

Lolol. "I'm not interested... Now what was that, that you learned in the seminar?"

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Look im 36 with family and full time job. I have no interest in attending a seminar as there are other ways to accomplish my goals.

Also, i wasn't aware that seminar was like fight club and you cant talk about it but Im glad my ignorance is amusing and astounding to the emoticons above.

I joined here as because its a great (free) community full of knowledgeable people. I learned alot and happened to find enough value to purchase some products, actually most aside from seminars. Im just trying to learn and apply what i learn to my overall plan.

Many thanks to those who have provided productive feedback and advice.

Joshua Slocum

Also, i wasn't aware that seminar was like fight club and you cant talk about it but Im glad my ignorance is amusing and astounding to the emoticons above.

Coach even taught us how to make soap!  :P

In all seriousness, though, there's no reason you have to attend a seminar. Though they are immensely useful, all the tools you need are right there in the courses. Having difficulty with the MU transition is generally a sign that you have poor pullup ROM. The RC progressions in Foundation should help you to develop this ROM to the point where a muscle-up is not much harder than just doing a pullup followed by a dip. How far along are you in the RC progressions? Are you working them consistently?

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

what i can guarantee you'd see at the seminar is everything from how foundation meshes into ring strength, beginning bent arm, straight arm, leg, strength, liquid steel™, handstands.

you'd understand how these guys get so strong and then perform these very mindful movements...after mastering basics

Daniel Burnham

What josh said. We can't expect everyone to go to a seminar though they are very useful.

Post the videos that I asked for and I would be more than glad to offer additional advice.

Coach Sommer

Look im 36 with family and full time job. I have no interest in attending a seminar as there are other ways to accomplish my goals.

I joined here as because its a great (free) community full of knowledgeable people. I learned alot and happened to find enough value to purchase some products, actually most aside from seminars. Im just trying to learn and apply what i learn to my overall plan.

Many thanks to those who have provided productive feedback and advice.

Thru their investment, those who have attended the GB Seminars have earned early access to the Ring Courses materials; amongst many other items.  

Everyone else will need to wait until the Ring Courses are publically released.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

In regards to Russian dip variations, the only thing I can think of would be to lower down into a deep dip after completing the initial movement from the forearm support to bent arm support.

• Like 1

In regards to Russian dip variations, the only thing I can think of would be to lower down into a deep dip after completing the initial movement from the forearm support to bent arm support.

Russian dips as Coach teaches them include this movement (upper arm support to bottom of dip) as par for the course :)

• Upvote 1

Joshua Naterman

Im feeling a little upselling here.

The entire point of the last 10-ish comments was to try and point out that you are asking for things that are not yet available to non-attendees. There are a lot of working people with families who show up to seminars, because there does come a point where you do need actual in-person coaching if you want to accomplish your goals. That point is different for everyone, but it is MOST important in the beginning.

A clear second place is a video assessment.

Lots of us have asked you to post a few videos of what you are doing, but those videos haven't come. You shouldn't expect us to be able to help you without seeing where you are at. Do you think we are magicians? What you say is unimportant, what we see you DO will actually enable us to provide TRULY CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. 

You need to do your part in enabling your own progress, so get some videos up.

• Upvote 1

Here are brief attempts at russian dips to armpits and then to elbows.  Also a video of Muscleup Attempt and then weighted False grip pullups (20Ib).  

I tried the Russians at first at the end of the bar, that didnt work.  To hard.  Next time I will try to get a full set on tape while I am fresh.  The issue I have with them is I have to slightly kip to get out of the support positio on both variations elbows and pits.   Im not sure if that's proper or not.  Anyway They are pretty hard!  My concern though is im not sure where this helps the muscleup if im relying on a kip to get out of support.   

http://tiny.cc/0pyr1w

Connor Davies

My concern though is im not sure where this helps the muscleup if im relying on a kip to get out of support.   

It helps with muscle up the same way kipping helps you in a muscle up.  Over time you would need to reduce/eliminate the amount of kip you use.

Russian dips are hard though, and I've had difficulty bridging the gap between standard dips and russian dips...

Daniel Burnham

Here are brief attempts at russian dips to armpits and then to elbows.  Also a video of Muscleup Attempt and then weighted False grip pullups (20Ib).  

I tried the Russians at first at the end of the bar, that didnt work.  To hard.  Next time I will try to get a full set on tape while I am fresh.  The issue I have with them is I have to slightly kip to get out of the support positio on both variations elbows and pits.   Im not sure if that's proper or not.  Anyway They are pretty hard!  My concern though is im not sure where this helps the muscleup if im relying on a kip to get out of support.   

http://tiny.cc/0pyr1w

Maybe it's because I am on an ipad but I cannot load the link. It simply says that content can't be found.