Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Homemade pommel horse replacement?

Alexander Bartolf

Alexander Bartolf

Hey, this is my first post - working my way through Foundation one and very happy.  Also just became a first-time homebuyer and about to move in and set up my workout room.  I've seen posts on making stall bars and free standing pullup bars and plan on building those ASAP, but I haven't seen any postings on what to use for the exercises that involve hanging off a pommel horse.  I don't have one of those - is there an obvious substitute that would work that I'm just not seeing, or is there something anyone has built that approximates the height and structure of a pommel horse?  Any direction would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Keilani Gutierrez

I'm gonna build two add on's to my Stall Bar set up. 

one will be an attachment that will basically be half of a set of parallel bars. one side hooks onto the inside surface of a set of dowels at an appropriate height and the other side will have a base. I still kind of don't know what to make the Parallel bars out of...

the other attachment will be a box like contraption that goes over the parallel bar portion, probably two straps on the bottom to secure it to the parallel bars, to be able to lay on it and do leg lift stuff.