Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xr shoulder pain

xorge89

Hello everybody. I am relatively new to gymnastics fitness and I decided to invest in some XR due to the long health benefits that they provide. I started using them last year around April, however, my past ignorant self skipped a lot of steps and tried performing support hold on rings for 30 seconds as many reps as possible.

This obviously led to a pain that developed in the area located near the anterior portion of the left shoulder and at the extremity of my pectoral. I believe the pain was on the muscles right above the shoulder joint.

I stopped doing rings and started doing shoulder rehab for about 4 or 5 months before using the rings again. This time I started slowly, I did the whole PB portion and tried doing support hold on rings 6secs for 10 reps after that. That dull pain returned and since I kept on moving forward, it was a bit of a sharp pain every time I got off the rings.

I once again stopped doing rings and started doing rehab and did not touch the rings until recently. This time however, I have not performed any support holds, I was only using them for push-ups and dips. I was doing alright but one day I did both dips and push-ups on the rings on the same day and that led to the return of that pain. It is only very very dull, however I fear that it can get worse.

I would like to know what exercises I can perform ATM without agitating my shoulder. How long should I rest and recover before resuming my normal workout routine. And how should I build up my form so that I can perform support holds pain free on the XR?

I thank you very much for your time and I greatly appreciate your help.

• Upvote 1

Colin Macdonald

Front shoulder pain could indicate some damage to your bicep tendon. But you should probably get specific advice from a doctor on the nature of the injury and recovery time.

As far as exercises go, I think you'll get more or less the same answer from most people on the forum these days. Buy Foundation 1, and build up your basic strength before progressing onto ring work.

The basic problem that you, me and lots of other people have had is that tendons recover and strengthen way slower than muscles. And ring work requires well conditioned tendons, while our muscles may be able to do certain moves, the tendons cannot keep up. So you need to perform steady gradual progressions, building up your tendon strength, which is where Foundation 1 will help you.

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) How long should I rest and recover before resuming my normal workout routine (...)

I am not sure that it is such a great question to ask... You've already injured yourself 3 times after returning to what you are calling "your normal routine"...

Maybe, now is a good time to plan on NOT returning to this place before seriously preparing your body for it.

You need to rest as long as it takes to allow your body to repair itself (which is likely longer that you are hoping for), then, start on a specific program that will make you strong enough and prepared to the stress of more rigorous training.

You likely could benefit a lot from the Foundation Series. :)

Thank you you guys! I will definitely look into investing in the F1 series.

Front shoulder pain could indicate some damage to your bicep tendon. But you should probably get specific advice from a doctor on the nature of the injury and recovery time.

I will go see a doctor as soon as possible and let you guys know what happened.

Fredinchina : I will be careful regarding my routine and will let my body recover first before returning and starting with the F1 series.

• Upvote 1