Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Victorian

andiswf

hey!

in case anyone is interested:

just did my 4th victorian training today after the motivation from ali zahran and his "hint" of how to get into the position with a good tension in my still weekest part in the chain!!!! must train my scapula way more! then the victorian should improve?!

my thoughts about exercises for a victorian would need an update :P

watch?v=i71qbS9yh20

• Upvote 3

Joshua Slocum

You're pretty close: that's a very impressive hold.

Nice dismount, too  :P

My approach would basically be to take standard maltese training, and do it upside down:

- victorian leans, focusing on the arm and scapula position

- victorians with a spot: have your spotter give sufficient assistance for you to hold good form

- victorian board presses (do with a spot or just negatives, if needed)

- scapula rows 

- front-lever rows with one arm straight?

Yes, nice hold, and dismount a'la Danny Rodriguez ;)

HAHA, he fell badly in doha 2008! ;)

Nice Molinari at 0:05 !!

thx, only v-cross is 'easy'!

kip to v-cross, whats named after molinari, is more challenging ;)

• Upvote 1

thx, only v-cross is 'easy'!

kip to v-cross, whats named after molinari, is more challenging ;)

I didnt know that!! V cross is still amazing 

• 3 weeks later...

...the correct shoulder-position is Xtremely hard!

(I mean NOT the shoulder hands alignement! thats easy for me as seen in the video above)

so my new victorian specific exercise for scapular retraction I will focus on for now looks like this:

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunetly i couldnt train for a week :/

(hurt my finger..)

I would need to stick more to my special exercise from above!

in the 2nd attempt my shoulder was better then before =)

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Burnham

Good progress!  What exercises did you find to be the most helpful?  I have a guy in my gym who is looking to start training these.

thx!

in the first post on the buttom, I have put the link to a video called 'thoughts about getting a victorian' with some preps.

my fav exercise for now is the second video that is linked here "movie 860556".

however, I sent you a PM ;)

Are you trying to hold the maltese or just bounce threw it? Because it looks like you try to do a solid V-cross hold but you would only receive partial credit for both malts. You'll get value but lose execution.

thx for the advice!!!

to be honest, I did not pay attention to the 2secs rule of the COP!

also regarding the Vcross with the COP: it was not good! too high! but for the press into the maltese its easier that way.

I was just aiming for the victorian. it was the best i could do for now... i have to practice it a lot more ;)

in september/october I will work on fixing the perfect positions of the "non-victorian" holds. with long enough holds and in developing longer and longer sequences, what will build up a complete rings routine(for november) again. I will be bulking a lot then, haha!

Last year I went well with that planning. I think beeing the whole year on competative status would be too intense!

scapula exercise pays off, but I still need to focus on that one exercise ;)

from today:

• Upvote 4

That's very nice! I can see that your victorians have improved. Are you also locking the arms or bending slightly in the victorian? I know Danny Rodrigues and that other guy bends their arms slightly because it's so hard.

That's very nice! I can see that your victorians have improved. Are you also locking the arms or bending slightly in the victorian? I know Danny Rodrigues and that other guy bends their arms slightly because it's so hard.

Thx!

regarding to the bend arms: the inner rotation  is massive and holding/pressing the rings towards the body is strong! ;)

but what seems to be the key is to add (to all this from above) the right scapula position..for me, thats the weekest part of the chain!

• Upvote 1

Joshua Naterman

Hey man, that's a noticeable improvement. Keep it up! Good luck and safe training to you :)

thx a lot!

By now, I learned to be patient! so only 1-2x ring strength/week with enough regeneration and tons of scapula exercises and hours of stretching!

btw thx for all the youtube-subscribers. got more in the last day than all the time before ;)

• Upvote 1

Joshua Naterman

thx a lot!

By now, I learned to be patient! so only 1-2x ring strength/week with enough regeneration and tons of scapula exercises and hours of stretching!

btw thx for all the youtube-subscribers. got more in the last day than all the time before ;)

NOW you're on the real path to success :)

as some wanted to see the advanced dream machine in action, where you can choose the assisted weigth:

some time ago my best limit was 12,5kg help.

today I only tried the dream machine at the end of my conditioning...last set was just until I couldnt do any more :P

7.5kg was technically still "ok". 10kg was easy cheesy!

once more I realised, that I need to work on fixing the scapula!

so for now, no more victorians for 2-3 weeks!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...