Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5,8ft 65kg good for good powermove preformance?

Irman

I am training powermoves and i am wondering about my weight.
I want to keep my weight low since i feel better in it and the high i would go is 65kg(I am 173cm, 18yo).

Is this weight good enought for preformance as in the video?

He doesn't seem to weight alot aswell. I try to aim to do my powermoves something like that since i love that form and as for now i am getting closer and closer with improving stretching.

Sebastian Schneider

Hey, tbh it doesnt really matter that much what your body constitution is for "just doing power".

In your case its more a thing of flexibility. I know a couple of really dope powerheads which practice at the same spot where I am and they have very different bodys. I heard it should be easier to do extremly flexible dependent powermoves when you are not as big or muscular... but than again check out gymnasts... they basically have the same or better flexibility and are huge in terms of musclemass.

Check out the following people:

dopest powerheads I know

Petair - He's around ~1,85 and pretty muscular (I guess around 80 kg)

Lil ceng & lil demon ~ around 1,70 extremly muscular and "heavy" 

punisher - around 1,90? 

rubberlegz - this guy is around 180 or taller pretty muscular and basically a contortionist (thats what we call people that seem to dont have any bones at all :D)

Just keep on practicing and stretching and you will develop your own style which will not only suit you the most but YOU will think is the coolest ;)

Joshua Slocum

Obviously, it's possible to learn such moves with a more sleek build. Whether you will be able to is difficult to say - different people seem to be strongest with different body configurations. Just keep training diligently and see where you get. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that weight is a number that doesn't carry much information about the body. Two people who look very similar can weigh very different amounts if they have different body compositions. Having a target weight in mind is generally a bad idea, since you can't know beforehand how much you're going to weigh when your body is at its peak performance. It's better to ask yourself what kind of body you're looking for. What's important to you? Do you want to look slender? Do you want to feel light on your hands and feet? Figure out what you want your body to be able to do, and keep those goals in mind. Forget about your 'target weight'. If your body looks and feels the way you want it to, it doesn't matter whether you weigh 65kg, 60kg or even 75kg.

Joshua Slocum

OR 80kg.

>: (

Yeah but you look built, not skinny like the guy in the video. 

Jon Douglas

Yeah but you look built, not skinny like the guy in the video. 

Admittedly I have never in my life been accused of being skinny ^_^

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.