Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weak Newbie!

usalvr2

p.s. Also, and I will post in anohter forum: What if I cant do 'that' much of the work outs. For example, a few days ago when we had the 'do as many as you can in 15 minutes' I barely got through two rounds. Why? Because I am just not strong enough to hold certain things. If thats the case How should I train. Should I suppliment with CrossFit. Or, Rig a system of bands, so I can hoold out longer? It feels like my muscles are giving out to fast--and thus, not getting much of a work out. Does that make sense? Or, is the absolute super tension cuz i'm trying as hard as I can equal to a longer work out? I feel like i'm not doing enough work. For example, when we did the ERbs: I did the headstand erb progression as suggested. And, i was olny up for such a short period of time that I felt weak--cowardly! But, i was so tense, they were hurting and I was sore the next day.

Any Thoughts? Any and all thoughts truly appreciated.

It sounds like that effort was all you need at this time. Scale as appropriate since your workout sounded ample even if it was a kick to your ego.

Scaling the movement down or using bands for some make sense. Similar to scaling CF down.

If you were sore the next day then the workout was a sufficient stimulus. However, don't take that to mean a workout is ONLY a sufficient stimulus if you are sore the next day.

Sometimes I feel weak and can't even attempt to do a tucked Planche on my push-up bars or even a L-sit, I can't even lift my dumbbells sometimes even, How can I not feel weak sometimes? If you ever get that feeling of laziness or something :?

matthew.percussion

Andrew, I have had that feeling many times. I used to be a vegetarian and that was when I had that feeling the most.

Not because a vegetarian diet is bad or anything, it's just that it is easy to not get the right nutrients and eat unhealthy food.

All that I'm saying above is that you might be feeling lethargic because of your diet. All it takes is a day of junk food to really mess someone up. However, there are many other possible reasons for this.

A good warmup can get you ready to go. Sometimes trying things cold isn't a good indicator if you're ready. The warmup gets your mental faculties ready to go as well and the blood pumping and the mindset to be turned "on".

Because i always train at night, ( I don't know if that is good at all) And during the day its pretty cold in the house so I get that feeling; I will stretch from now on and follow both of your advices thank you so much for replying you guys rock! :D

Richard Duelley

I always train at night and I dont have any problems. I start at 6:30 and end at 8:30-9:00. The lethargic thing is most likely due to diet like matthew said. I know I have not been eating as well as I used to (2 weeks ago :roll: ) and I sure feel the difference!