Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

F1 WORKS! New Muscleup PR

Vinni Williams

Vinni Williams

I want to share an awesome experience with everyone that I had today. To preface this, I want to say that I started F1 at the beginning of February. At this point, I was only able to do 3 sets of 1 rep for muscleups. Since then, the only muscleup up work I have done is a couple reps throughout the week before my workouts.

Today, I performed a muscleup with 25lbs! This is a personal record for me and I am very excited. I fully contribute this success to following F1. More specifically, the RC/PE6 exercise. It has helped me gain a lot of pulling strength. This shows the Foundation series is highly effective.

• Upvote 5

George Vere

I'm even earlier in the progression and last week I managed a slow bar muscle up - not worked on it at all, completely spur of the moment.

Joshua Naterman

RC/PE1 is a serious exercise. You master that with good form (kind of redundant to me), and you will see serious improvements just from that. Combined with the rest of F1 RC progressions... you won't have to put very much training into muscle ups.

This is what we try to help new people understand... when you are properly prepared, most of these things that seem magical and impossible or impressive don't even require very much specific training to accomplish.

• Upvote 3

Joshua Naterman

I really need that foundation program :)

Yes you do :)

I hate sounding like a broken record, but there are no complaints at all about the results :)

Even this broken body is seeing pretty good things happen!

• Upvote 1