Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundation Questions

I have wanted to buy foundation one for a while now, but have not been able to afford it, until now. 

I do have some questions about foundation one, and I am sorry if these questions already has been answered..

I know that, in the end, you will be able to hold both levers, a straddle planche, a side lever and manna. But, I do already have both full levers, will that mean that there will be no front/backlever training for me?

Also, when I'm done with my foundation workout for the day, will I be able to do some ring strength and parallel bars afterwards?

If I am sick or cannot train one day, will the workouts be postforwarded or how does it work?

Hoping to get some answers, even though these questions are getting to repetetive... :)

Alexander Svensson

The general consensus seem to be that you can do your more advanced stuff but F1 should be your priority.

Joshua Slocum

I have wanted to buy foundation one for a while now, but have not been able to afford it, until now. 

I do have some questions about foundation one, and I am sorry if these questions already has been answered..

I know that, in the end, you will be able to hold both levers, a straddle planche, a side lever and manna. But, I do already have both full levers, will that mean that there will be no front/backlever training for me?

Also, when I'm done with my foundation workout for the day, will I be able to do some ring strength and parallel bars afterwards?

If I am sick or cannot train one day, will the workouts be postforwarded or how does it work?

Hoping to get some answers, even though these questions are getting to repetetive... :)

- Back lever is not a goal of the foundation series. The seven fundamental strength categories are manna, front-lever, straddle planche, side-lever, single-leg squat, hollow-back press, and rope-climb. These are not necessarily the pinnacle of the progressions, however; the SLS for example is achieved by the end of Foundation 2; F3-4 will presumably have event harder variations of single-leg work. 

- Merely being able to hold a front lever is no guarantee that your strength is up to the Foundation standards of front-lever strength. Most likely you'll find plenty of challenge in the progressions.

- You can do a bit of ring/parallel bar training afterwards, but it's not recommended that you do too much because Foundation gets pretty intense over time. 

- If you're sick or unable to train one day, you could do it the next day. 

Tristan Curtis

the SLS for example is achieved by the end of Foundation 2; F3-4 will presumably have event harder variations of single-leg work. 

Harder variations exist?

FREDERIC DUPONT

Harder variations exist?

Yes, someone mentioned levitation, but maybe that was pushing it a little?

Before that, you could have plyometrics like jumping for height, for length, etc..., but nobody knows for sure until F3 & F4 are out. :)

Eric Kamhi

My programming is really shot to pieces with F2 being released.

I used to do F1 and then move onto my own things.  But now with F2 a lot of things I did after F1 work are part of F2, so my previous template is all messed up.  

It seems as F series progresses, things start to get really intense and I'll have less and less ability to do anything but.  By the time I'm done with Foundations work, I'm ready to eat and sleep.  Definitely no more strength left to do extra work.  Due to personal physical attributes, some exercises are easier than others. As I get used to the new exercises I've never done before, and my body learns the proper movement, I expect things to get more streamlined and less fatiguing.  Which may allow for room to add non F series work in there somewhere.

The only thing that I seem to have to add to the F series work for me is HSPU work.  And maybe some fun on bars/rings such as series, swings etc just to have a little fun.  :)

Jon Douglas

The only thing that I seem to have to add to the F series work for me is HSPU work.  And maybe some fun on bars/rings such as series, swings etc just to have a little fun.   :)

Logic says HSPU work will be in F3, followed by multiplane pressing. Don't think there'll be the same kind of gap before F3 as F2, but given the chance I'll be working the hell out of em to overprepare ^_^

• Upvote 1

Michal Lubos

Hi,

I am progressing with Foundation One, almost done with it, 2-3 months to master all of the excercises. I have few questions about foundation two. Is there more work on rings simillar to what was in the "Building The Gymnastic Body" book? I mean, I really like work on rings (even if I am at the beginning of my adventure with gymnastics) .. and for now only Rope Climb includes some of the work with rings..

Is there more progressions with rings in Foundation two course?

Thank you for the feedback,

Michal

Joshua Slocum

Hi,

I am progressing with Foundation One, almost done with it, 2-3 months to master all of the excercises. I have few questions about foundation two. Is there more work on rings simillar to what was in the "Building The Gymnastic Body" book? I mean, I really like work on rings (even if I am at the beginning of my adventure with gymnastics) .. and for now only Rope Climb includes some of the work with rings..

Is there more progressions with rings in Foundation two course?

Thank you for the feedback,

Michal

The amount of ring work in F2 is greater than the ring work in F1, but not by a large amount. RC2 and HBP2 both have a few rings elements. If you want to do even more ring work, my suggestion would be to do 1-2 sets of ring strength sequences after your F1 work. 

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

The amount of ring work in F2 is greater than the ring work in F1, but not by a large amount. RC2 and HBP2 both have a few rings elements. If you want to do even more ring work, my suggestion would be to do 1-2 sets of ring strength sequences after your F1 work. 

This has worked well for me, particularly by including low rep harder strength elements such as curls and XR HSPU

Okey so I just bought F1! Seems great but I still have some questions... Say I can master all strength work, but not the mobility work, should I start from the beginning? 

Since mobility is hard to measure, how do I know when to move on with the next mobilityprogression?

Alexander Svensson

If you can't do mastery of the first iM then you need to start from the beginning. Your mobility should match the ones demonstrated in the videos.

I believe  that you should master both mobility and strenght before moving to the next progression.

• Upvote 2

So lets say I can master FL/PE6, but not FL/PE1>iM.. Do I have to start with FL/PE1, even though it's way to easy?

Joshua Naterman

So lets say I can master FL/PE6, but not FL/PE1>iM.. Do I have to start with FL/PE1, even though it's way to easy?

This is a question for the Foundation One forum, not Community.