Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whats the heaviest person you've seen do a flag, planche, muscle up, etc?

jetpack

Marios Roussos

I agree with pretty much everything that you guys said, i.e. that there is substantial evidence that Coach knows how to develop strong, well balanced athletes. I think that's why most of us are here. I personally think that the foundation program is brilliant; in fact I haven't ever followed any program so consistently before, and I think that a large part of that has to do with the idea that I trust Coach and his methods implicitly (I've been following his work since 2005 when I came across his first article on DragonDoor). 

I just was under the impression that this was a new program with new rep progression schemes that Coach had only started experimenting with about a year and a half ago with seminar participants.I may be wrong on this point though, and if that's the case I'm sorry for the confusion I may have caused.

Regardless of whether there is currently any robust evidence of the program's efficacy, I'll continue doing my best to follow the program diligently, so that I could hopefully one day be one of the people that can say that the program delivered on its promise. :)

• 8 months later...
Jordan Chavez

Dmitry Klokov: 105 kg (231 lbs) Olympic weightlifter, 2008 silver medalist, 2005 world champion. Incredible pressing strength, able to do full-range handstand push-ups for days:

He's probably closer to 240 lbs here since it's off-season.

To give you an idea of how strong of a presser he is, there are numerous videos of him strict-pressing 350+ lbs, and one video of him push pressing 495 lbs.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
Ivan Pavlovic

I'm just curious.  How tall, and how heavy, is the tallest heaviest person you guys have seen who can do a human flag?  And how about a planche, muscle up, complete full range of motion handstand pushup, or other challenging bodyweight exercises?

Main reason I wonder.  I'm a pretty tall and heavy guy. 

I'm 6' and weigh 230 pounds.  This is mostly muscle.  While I'm not totally ripped, my bodyfat isn't very high.  I have been training for these types of things for over 10 years, but cannot even come close to doing a flag, have a long ways to go for a planche, can only sometimes do a sloppy muscle up, can do the first half of a handstand pushup, but can't go all the way down and back up.

I do know that taller and heavier people like myself are at a disadvantage for these sorts of things, but after all these years I'm starting to wonder if I'm just attempting the impossible, or if there are indeed people out there my same height/weight or greater who can do these things?

In the past 10 years I've put on over 50 pounds of muscle, had a great increase in strength, yet my actual strength to bodyweight ratio seems like it stays the same, or possibly even declines.  I'm actually worse at the muscle up than I was 10 years ago, despite being way stronger.  Even though my primary  focus on bodyweight exercises, and functional strength.

I dont know how i found this topic but while im here i have to say that human flag, front lever and back lever should not be so hard to get at your height, but your wight can be problem. I know guy who done human flag with legs together after only 6 months of training and he is around 6 ft and weight around 80 kg. And the heaviest guy doing human flag is for sure cali muscle (240 lbs). :)

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wheelock

Allow me to introduce Alexey Voevoda 6ft 5inc (1.96m) 270lbs, Olympic Gold medalist in Bobsledding, Champion Armwrestler. 6ft 5inc (1.96m) 

sidelever 0:23s

One Arm Chin @ 2:16 ( a bit short range )

Ivan Pavlovic

Allow me to introduce Alexey Voevoda 6ft 5inc (1.96m) 270lbs, Olympic Gold medalist in Bobsledding, Champion Armwrestler. 6ft 5inc (1.96m) 

sidelever 0:23s

One Arm Chin @ 2:16 ( a bit short range )

84d303ad80add7d8c20faacab88d7f2ba8d62d0a

:D

Edited by Paf
  • Upvote 1