Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BL Question

Chris Hobbs

Hi All,

Today I noticed how much easier the BL was for me than the FL. What it feels like is my lack of flexibility is helping to hold me up, whereas I do not have that luxury with the FL. Is this something I should be concerned about or will it sort itself out as I continue working the movements?

- Chris

Back lever is by far easier than front lever. That's it period.

If you can do a straight back lever, only expect to be able to hold some sort of advanced tuck or move through the straight front lever position briefly. It's that different, or at least for me.

Back lever is by far easier than front lever. That's it period.

It's not true for all.

Ok in back lever you can cheat with your latisimus, but if you don't it's much more harder.

So would my lack of flexibility cause unintentional "cheating" on the movement? If so is there anything in particular I should do to negate that aspect?

- Chris

Thanks Gregor. Guess I'll just accept the fact that it is easier for me and not worry about it since I am not intentionally supporting on my lats ... my shoulders just don't rotate back that far and it seemed like that might have been helping me out.

- Chris

Fortunately or unfortunately I don't have the flexibility behind my back to rest my tricep on my lat. It's a good cue but I never trained behind the back flexibility where your sit from a pike and reach back ( shoulder flexion/extension ) and try to touch your hands. It never really has gotten even to decent. They can connect near the armpit but not any lower. My skin the cat is fairly wide compared to what it should be.

Such has always been my back lever. I might have been more flexible in that ROM before the injury that stopped from me working out in 03 but I can't remember how flexible I was in that ROM.