Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you think about the routine that i'm building ?

Clément POIRET

Clément POIRET

Hello all, I'm building a new routine and I'd like to know what do you think about it : 

It's a Pull/Push routine with push Monday and Thursday and pull Tuesday and Friday.

Every workout start with skill work (Handstand work, straight-arm press, bent-arm press, and Manna work).

Push days : 

X*X Tuck Planche hold

3*X Wall HeSPU (or HSPU/Free HeSPU)

3*X Ring Dips

3*X Tuck PPU

2*Max "Superman" (for lower back, I don't know if I must do it) 

Leg work (with SLS, BW Hamstring curls, calf raises)

Pull Days : 

X*X Tuck Front Lever (or Adv. Tuck FL)

3*X Ring L-Pullups (or Ring Wide Pullups)

3*X Tuck FL Pullups (or Adv. Tuck FL Pullups)

Grip work

Leg work (like the push day)

(Sorry for my english ;) )

Thanks for your advices and criticisms :)

Have a nice day !

Kyle Courville

I'm saying I personally think the Foundation course is a good place to start. 

If you don't go that route.  I would suggest using supersets for antagonist movements.  I'm no expert though.

Clément POIRET

I've foundation One, but the moves that are on it are very simple :/ (I don't know if this is in a good english)

Thanks for the advice !

Joshua Slocum

I've foundation One, but the moves that are on it are very simple :/ (I don't know if this is in a good english)

Thanks for the advice !

It's important to keep in mind that there is often a very wide gap between which exercises you are physically capable of performing, and which exercises you will get the most benefit out of training. Or, put another way, there's a big difference between being able to do an exercise, and being so good at an exercise that training it is no longer worth your time. 

Yes, Foundation 1's exercises are quite basic. That does not mean you're so strong and so mobile that your most effective course of action is to skip those elements in favor of more difficult ones. 

Clément POIRET

I know but I do bodyweight bodybuilding for 1.5 years, I began to incorporate more specific movements 6 months ago. I did not want to stay on my skills :/

Joshua Slocum

If you wish to continue doing the skills you've built up to, you can add 1-2 maintenance sets after foundation work. These should be giant sets of the skills you wish to maintain, performed at medium to light intensity.

You will not lose any strength if you do this.