Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist health

Jean-Rene Losier

Jean-Rene Losier

My wrists are prone to cracking and popping a lot, as well as my knuckles. Now I'm wondering if doing the various wrist push ups in H1 helps this, or just aggravates this.

I'm also wondering if there's anything that can be done to help get rid of this. Since I'm not too sure what even causes this really.

Can anyone guide me towards the right direction?

Parth Rajguru

Find and release any trigger points in your forearms. That coupled with stretching and strengthening eliminated my wrist issues. I've found that for myself, I need more than just the pushup variations; various grip strengthening exercises have been very useful in preventing injury. I still use various wrist pushups, but they are not my only focus in hand/wrist health.

Jean-Rene Losier

I'm already doing the movements from the second video since they're mostly all in H1. But that first video was awesome. I did the exercises while watching it and could really feel my forearm muscles starting to fatigue. I guess those are weak links that will need to be worked on!

raja: what do you mean by "trigger points" in the forearms?

Shannon Pearcy

That book is amazing. I spent 8 months in rehab (physio, massage, chiro, ART, acupuncture...) for a shoulder injury and related chronic inflammation issues. Two days of self treating trigger points using that book and the inflammation is completely gone and I'm finally back to training. I can't recommend it enough!

• Upvote 1

Adam Bodestyne

Oh man, I just went to look for it on The Book Depository, and discovered there's going to be a Third Edition published in September this year.  Ah well, guess I'll buy it now anyway.  I can always just buy the third edition later on.