Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'Power Rings' vs Extreme Rings

rockky

Hi

I'm excited to begin the WOD's now.

New to all this by the way. Sorry if this has been asked but a year or so ago I purchased Power Rings and decided to wait til this systematic training program became available.

Question...and money is absolutely no object here, what is the appreciable difference between the Power Rings and this site's Extreme Rings? I'd prefer to have the best, most functional equipment available when beginning.

Thanks in advance

Tim

George Launchbury

Errr... this site sells Xtreme Rings! :) I had the Elite Rings previously, and personally found a few advantages with the Xtreme Rings. I haven't tried the Power Rings, maybe someone else can help there. I gave my Elite Rings away shortly after recieving my Xtreme Rings.

Grip

The Xtreme had far superior texture in my opinion. I felt a lot safer on them, especially while inverted.

Weight

They have a reassuring weight and feel to them. They feel solid.

Simplicity

The time saved from not having to faff around with threading the straps through the slots in the Elite Rings grew to be quite a pain.

Just my personal thoughts, hope they help a little.

Regards,

George.

I agree with everything George has to say on Tyler's Elite rings vs the Extreme rings. I don't have any problems really with adjusting strap systems or doing movements but the heavier weight feels better and more like a wood ring.

Sorry, mislabeled the rings LOL, I edited my post ..... Yeah, glad to hear of the simpler attachment with the Extreme Rings....I think that's what I was hoping to hear! The Power Rings from Tyler Haas's site are good of course but the adjustments with the clamps were a little cumbersome...

Thankyou

• 1 month later...

I find sometimes that the strap on my xtreme rings can slip slightly out of the clamp things, though it's only one one side, so might be a slight defect.

I find the grip to be ok, but I found it much better once I taped hand holds up with soft squash racket tape.

Richard Duelley

I have the Elite rings (sadly I got them before I found gymnastics bodies)and I just stopped threading the strap through the tabs. You just have to make sure you dont grab were the tabs are because they will pinch! 8) For the grip I just heavily chalk them up and they feel fine to me.

• 2 months later...
Nobodystopsdblob

I got the elite rings first too. I never saw the need to get the xtreme rings since I already had a pair and money was an object. I have been able to do all the workouts with them no problem (other than those that are just my own physical limitations). The threading of the rings themselves is never a problem because I just leave them threaded at all times. When I take them down I just roll up the staps and place them in the original shipping box until the next workout calls. I think I will look into getting some tape though as I have found my hands tend to slip a bit on longer workouts as my palms and the rings get a bit sweaty. I am sure that is a problem on most rings hence the use of tape and chalk....

I got the elite rings first too. I never saw the need to get the xtreme rings since I already had a pair and money was an object. I have been able to do all the workouts with them no problem (other than those that are just my own physical limitations). The threading of the rings themselves is never a problem because I just leave them threaded at all times. When I take them down I just roll up the staps and place them in the original shipping box until the next workout calls. I think I will look into getting some tape though as I have found my hands tend to slip a bit on longer workouts as my palms and the rings get a bit sweaty. I am sure that is a problem on most rings hence the use of tape and chalk....

I still keep my rings in the box they were shipped in too. I thought I just did that. lol ...actually I never thought about it. :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
Joshua Naterman

Xtreme rings. These rings are awesome, they have great grip, solid construction, and are coming from Coach. Even if they were sold elsewhere, I would buy the Xtreme rings because they are the most solid product on the market, but I have extra reason for buying here, I want to support coach for the level of involvement he maintains with us here on the boards. Without his book I wouldn't have known where to begin!

Extreme rings, it's all about the texture and the feeling they have due to their weight. Not heavy, but not super light.

• 3 weeks later...
Xtreme rings. These rings are awesome, they have great grip, solid construction, and are coming from Coach. Even if they were sold elsewhere, I would buy the Xtreme rings because they are the most solid product on the market, but I have extra reason for buying here, I want to support coach for the level of involvement he maintains with us here on the boards. Without his book I wouldn't have known where to begin!

You guys have me sold. Ordering as soon as I find someone flying US to India. (Damn that stupid Swine Flu)

Awesome, I can't wait to hear how much you like them! Cuz you will :)

They have been ordered. It reaches a friend, then he brings it over to India.

Joshua Naterman

And then it rubs the lotion on its skin. IT RUBS THE LOTION... ON ITS SKIN!!! :evil:

Lol.

And then it rubs the lotion on its skin. IT RUBS THE LOTION... ON ITS SKIN!!! :evil:

Lol.

Ok.. I lost u there.. I think I missed the joke :D. Was I not sharp or??

Joshua Naterman

Lol, it's from Silence of the Lambs, an awesome psychological thriller. Won a ton of awards. I didn't expect too many people to catch it right off :P

It is evident that Slizzardman is a bit kooky and gets off topic but I caught it as well.

Kooky isn't the right term apparently. Off his rocker and without outlets at times to let out his daily life it seems. I just hold it in better than him and have lots of kids to pick on.

Joshua Naterman

Indeed :) y'see, it kind of like riding a bicycle. No, wait... it's more like a jello pudding pop! No, no, I got it :) It's more like an old coat... It'll be around forever, heh heh heh!

Cant remember when I saw that move and cant remember the dialogue or joke :) Maybe the next time I watch it, I'll look for it.

Joshua Naterman

Don't worry, it's really blatant, this is not the small bit of mustard in the middle of the burger. It's the hot sauce you get in your eye, you really can't help but pay attention to it.

• 3 months later...