Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Push (Chest) Workout

Firmgood

I was wondering, if somebody know some Push (Chest) Workout (Routine) on rings, and stuff like that...

Thank's!

Cheers!

FREDERIC DUPONT

You can always do push ups, dips, etc... but if you have no idea what exercises to do on rings, you likely are not ready for rings yet.

Maybe you should first build some strength on the floor and parallettes? :)

• Upvote 1

I know what exercises to do on rings.

But, I want some workout, like, number of exercises, sets, reps, rest, ...

Example:

5 sets of:

Ex 1 x 6

Ex 2 x 4

Ex 3 x 8

Ex 4 x 10

Ex 5 x 12

Ex 6 x 5

Rest between sets 90'', between exercises 30''.

And similar...

Connor Davies

No FredInChina.  No.  Rings are awesome!  Shame on you for discouraging someone from using them as soon as possible.  You get a three second tut for that one...

On a more serious note, obviously you should pair pushups and rows, pullups and dips, presumably learn muscle ups eventually (I have no idea how that works on rings....)

Then there's chest flys, combining a one arm pushup with the other arm going straight out to the front or side, pseudo planche pushups, handstand pushups (if you're a beast) feet elevated pushups (if you aren't...)

I feel back lever works my front delts very hard, so I suppose that belongs here as well...

Just remember to pair pulling work with your pushing work, especially more rows.  Try feet elevated to the height of the rings, strict rows with your hands perpendicular to the body, like in a bench press.  These will do more for giving you huge lats and healthy shoulders than chinups.

Really the number one thing I would do with rings, apart from rows, is skin the cats.  They work everything and in a balanced way that's hard to match.  Plus it's fun to challenge bodybuilders to do even one. ;)

You're only limited by your imagination with rings.

Nic Branson

No FredInChina.  No.  Rings are awesome!  Shame on you for discouraging someone from using them as soon as possible.  You get a three second tut for that one...

On a more serious note, obviously you should pair pushups and rows, pullups and dips, presumably learn muscle ups eventually (I have no idea how that works on rings....)

Then there's chest flys, combining a one arm pushup with the other arm going straight out to the front or side, pseudo planche pushups, handstand pushups (if you're a beast) feet elevated pushups (if you aren't...)

I feel back lever works my front delts very hard, so I suppose that belongs here as well...

Just remember to pair pulling work with your pushing work, especially more rows.  Try feet elevated to the height of the rings, strict rows with your hands perpendicular to the body, like in a bench press.  These will do more for giving you huge lats and healthy shoulders than chinups.

Really the number one thing I would do with rings, apart from rows, is skin the cats.  They work everything and in a balanced way that's hard to match.  Plus it's fun to challenge bodybuilders to do even one. ;)

You're only limited by your imagination with rings.

Rings are in fact awesome but they are also a quick ticket to injury if one is not prepared for them. Fred is correct. Start on stable surfaces and learn good technique and body control before moving on to the rings. If you get serious then look into F1 and start full progressions to prepare you to really enjoy the benefits of the rings and not risk injury from being unprepared.

I think, I'm strong enough to workout on rings...

I can do dips, pull-ups, muscle-ups, l-sit on rings, even some progressions for front lever, planche...

But, I want to know some workout routines to do on rings, like I mentioned above, sets, reps, rest, and similar.

Joshua Slocum

I think, I'm strong enough to workout on rings...

I can do dips, pull-ups, muscle-ups, l-sit on rings, even some progressions for front lever, planche...

But, I want to know some workout routines to do on rings, like I mentioned above, sets, reps, rest, and similar.

Follow the killroy template: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/1532-killroy-70-beginner-template/

or

Follow old 'Workout of the Day' workouts: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/forum/21-workout-of-the-day-archive/

or

Buy 'Building the Gymnastics Body'  and design your own programming.

or

Buy "Foundation One" and follow the programming provided. 

• Upvote 1

Follow the killroy template: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/1532-killroy-70-beginner-template/

or

Follow old 'Workout of the Day' workouts: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/forum/21-workout-of-the-day-archive/

or

Buy 'Building the Gymnastics Body' or 'Overcoming Gravity' and design your own programming.

or

Buy "Foundation One" and follow the programming provided. 

Thank's a lot!

Cheers!