Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New GB Two Day Seminars: WA and UK

Cole Dano

Alessandro Mainente

to much really, when you got an injury and you understand the process you need to recover from it (without talking about pain, swlling, sensation, problems doing simple thing like enter into the car to drive etc)....is different!

for that reason i'm following at 100% the Coach's programs. is better to prevent when is possible!

• Upvote 1

Piotr Ochocki

probably i'll travel to the stansted airport in london...then what is the fast and less expensive way to reach the hotel location?

i found that on the web, what is the best choice?

can someone helps me?

Sure, as I wrote earlier, I'm happy to help.

Maybe this info will be useful for someone else as well.

One of the cheapest ways from stansted will be coach (bus) and closes station to the hotel (if we speak about that travelodge hotel near bethnal greeen - training site) is "Liverpool street station", you have two bus companies doing this route - terravision and national express (links below), tickets will be from 8GBP one way 15GBP rtr and you can buy it at stansted. Coach station there is outside terminal, easy to find, just follow signs, there are ticket offices there and ticket sellers hanging around, just make sure you board correct bus, there is usually many of them departing, doing different routes.

Other and quickest option is to take train (stansted express) to liverpool street station, it is also very expensive for a 45min train journey (32GBP rtr, you can buy it for a 26.7GBP via ryanair online shop/on board).

From liverpool street station it is a very quick jurney on underground (here it is called the tube) or 20-30min on one local bus, or around 30-40min walk, pretty easy route via main roads.

Use TFL website to find local travel options, it will give you transport routes and map - use journey planner there (for example to check route from station type in liverpool street station in "from" field, best use postcode in this case E2 0EL for your destination), you will also have more options later to chose your preferred transportation, you can also check ticket prices for traveling in London.

If you want drop me a message with some info - when do you arrive and depart, what are your plans for travel/sightseeing in London if you have extra time and I can advice you something or see what can be done to help.

Links:

http://www.terravision.eu/london.html

http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx

http://www.stanstedexpress.com/home

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

• Upvote 1

Graham Baran-Mickle

Anyone else going to the Washington seminar? I live 45 minutes away so I couldn't pass up on the opportunity, and booked my spot a few days ago. 

Colin Macdonald

piotro, I'm arriving at Gatwick and leaving from Luton. The only bus I could find in those links you provided was from Luton to Liverpool street station on the national express site. But despite the airport being almost the same distance from London as Stansted, it says the trip is almost three times as long.  :blink:  I guess it takes a much longer route. Any advice?

Piotr Ochocki

From Gatwick you may think of taking train, gatwick airport is on main train line, hence there are other options awailable than just an overpriced "express" train :).

So, you have expensive train (stansted express), but goes to London Victoria. But there are cheaper trains (provided by other companies - First capital and Southern), check times and prices on nationalrail website, just from gatwick you can go direct to London victoria, London Bridge or Farringdon stations (for Liverpool St station by train you would have to change trains), from there you will have to take local buses or the tube (and changing trains - nothing difficult, still short journey to Bethnal green).

Check train timings/prices to match your flights, I would suggest looking at travelling to London bridge (Southern trains will be cheapest but make sure there are some going around your times), from there it is relatively easy on the tube or local buses (need changing trains/buses - check tfl website, link in my previous post).

Where you buy your train tickets make sure these are for correct train operator you intend to use, or most of the times these will be invalid on other trains.

For Luton

Train (you can take it from Farrindon or St Pancras stations) - chek nationalrail website for timings/prices, make sure you get off on Luton Airport Parkway station, from there there is a 8min ride on a shuttle bus waiting in front of train station (included in your train ticket).

If you want a coach then either Nationalexpress or Greenline (757) have routes there, but in general you will arrive to London Victoria station (or other stop up north), from there take tube to get to bethnal green.

more links:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

http://www.greenline.co.uk/serviceInformation.aspx?id=17699

• Upvote 1

Colin Macdonald

The train to London bridge looks like an excellent choice, thanks. It's a much better option than a 3+ hour bus ride!  And I can stop at the station and look over at tower bridge and have a 'Hooray, I'm in London moment!'  :) Thanks for the excellent and thorough advice.

I have a free half-day on Monday and I'm not sure what to do. I spent a lot of time there when I was younger, but everything looks a lot different (and shinier) than it was in the 80s. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Joakim Andersson

I signed up too a few days ago. I'm really looking forward to this. I got the Order Receipt but no additional info. Are the date, time and place all we need to know or did I miss something?

Piotr Ochocki

I have a free half-day on Monday and I'm not sure what to do. I spent a lot of time there when I was younger, but everything looks a lot different (and shinier) than it was in the 80s. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

This depends what you like :) and how much time you have, you don't want to get stuck in traffic somewhere (and this can be easy in London) and miss your flight.

Very simple route (to pass through some of the most known landmarks) could be take the tube from bethnal green to oxford circus. Walk from there along Regents street to Picadilly circus (or change tube on Holborn to get there directly), from Picadilly walk to China town, Trafalgar sq and then to Parlament (Big ben) and Westminster abbey along Whitehall. From there get to the river, London Eye, and further strong along. There is a plenty of walking in there and it may take more than a half day, so check your time, I would def skip oxford circus/regents st bit, it is only shopping (nothing interesting then) and plenty of people all around (tourists) :).

Not very original plan, but could be some refresher since your last visit. Keep an eye on time and your way back to the airport of course.

• Upvote 1

Mads Smedberg

Hey!

Nice that we get a seminar somewhat close to my country (Norway).
I'm really tempted to go and actually had money saved up for it, but im kinda nervous about what "level of skill" thats
expected for the atendeees of the seminar? The part about traveling to anotehr country to go to a seminar where i know no one is

the exciting part :D

I work as a personal trainer and this seminar would be really good for expanding my horizon even further when it comes to GST training
(which i love and do exclusivly now ;) )

There is absolutely no reason to be concerned about your level of skill or strength, we have all kinds of people coming to the seminars from total beginners on and they have enjoyed the workshop immensely. 

Kate Abernethy

Though it would be nice to have some sort of assurance that there would be at least one person who's weaker and more incompetent than I am.  ;)

I am deciding whether or not to come, maybe I should - just to be the definitive weakling there :D . Re-started in the gym two weeks ago, starting F1 on Monday (all PE1s), nearly 46yo, and unfit (hate cardio). On the plus side I have done weight training on and off for 28 years and the muscles are coming back. Race you to 5 chest height pull ups?  :(

Colin Macdonald

I'm a total beginner at gymnastics, I was worried about going as well, but now I'm really excited!

I remain convinced that coach is going to tell me I'm terrible at everything and that I'll have to start Foundation 1 all over again from the very beginning, but I still think it will be a great learning experience.  :lol:

Seriously though, I think the best time to go to the seminar is at the very start so you can get off on the right path. I'd hate to train for years then go to a seminar and learn what I'd been doing wrong for all that time.

Joakim Andersson

Seriously though, I think the best time to go to the seminar is at the very start so you can get off on the right path. I'd hate to train for years then go to a seminar and learn what I'd been doing wrong for all that time.

That's my thought too. I'm bringing my dad who knows nothing about this kind of training, but he's interested. I'm coming with a wrist injury and will probably be unable to do most of the stuff showed, but very able to learn, go home, heal up and apply :)

Joakim Andersson

Hey!

Nice that we get a seminar somewhat close to my country (Norway).

I'm really tempted to go and actually had money saved up for it, but im kinda nervous about what "level of skill" thats

expected for the atendeees of the seminar? The part about traveling to anotehr country to go to a seminar where i know no one is

the exciting part :D

I work as a personal trainer and this seminar would be really good for expanding my horizon even further when it comes to GST training

(which i love and do exclusivly now ;) )

Hey neighbor, where in Norway do you live? I'm from Strömstad, Sweden. Hope to see you at the seminar.

• 2 weeks later...
Mads Smedberg

Stavanger, so im on the west coast of Norway :D!

Anywhoooo just booked the seminar along with 2 good friends of mine. Looking forward to meeting lots of new people and learning a thing or two ;)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Michael Ho

Signed up for it, just wondering do we get like a golden ticket/receipt so we can be admitted in? 
^_^

Alessandro Mainente

you don't need it, probably coach has the name of partecipants, as happened (i suppose) in finland the previous year..

see you sonn in london...less then one month

Michael Ho

Ah okay, sounds good :)

Just realized I bought my rings 2 years ago the day before the seminar starts... wierd coincidence? maybe this means I start my new rings journey :o

Colin Macdonald

Signed up for it, just wondering do we get like a golden ticket/receipt so we can be admitted in? 

^_^

Didn't you get the e-mail about the secret handshake?  :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
Michael Ho

Haha okay okay, I'll be there :P

Looking forward to meeting everyone... need to heal my forearm right now!!

• Upvote 1