Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H1 workout duration?

ZRX38

Hey, i want to get H1 and integrate it into my workout, how much time does it take per day? and how many days per week? 

Thanks in advance!!

Jon Douglas

Mine takes 20 -30 minutes, although some of the later ones will be longer, especially if you fail sets ^_^

EDIT; Probably not too much longer than that actually, even at the top, unless you take really long rests.

It's hard not to do more, but as Coach says, it's potent medicine.

There are supplied splits for 1-4 days a week; 3 +F1 is working spectacularly for me despite wanting to train more often.

• Upvote 1

I perform the four-day F1 program on Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri (just finished week 6) and follow each of the four F1 work-outs with H1. I don't take any breaks between exercises other than to do the IMs, and so far it takes me no more than 25 minutes to complete the entire workout each day (F1 + H1). 

F1 is starting to become challenging due to the increase in volume, but I can't see that happening with H1:  for H1, mobility is by far my limiting step and will be so for years to come. I therefore expect to always be working the headstand/handstand elements significantly below my level of ability which should keep it from becoming too taxing as I progress. The wrist push-ups may become more difficult in the future, but I'm in absolutely no rush to progress with these given I see a ton of room for injury. I'm therefore taking the wrist series really easy, starting at the most basic progressions and working through them as prescribed with no skipping of steps. 

In summary, I'm finding that a 4-day H1 program added to a 4-day F1 program is very doable from the point of view of amount of time needed and level of exertion (at least at my current level). Just don't be overly aggressive about skipping steps only to then have to at best repeat a bunch of weeks when you stall or at worst get injured. 

Dave

• Upvote 1

Michaël Van den Berg

Dave, I agree 100%. I use the same approach. I just finished my first F1 deload and will add H1 in exactly the same manner to my F1 workouts from tomorrow on.

Jon Douglas

Thanks for the response!

Word.

No problem with training more often, I just prefer to stay hungry for the chance to improve my next one than for it to become a chore. Following an integrated split supplied in H1 I'm now training 6 times a week and improving across the board week to week; some are doing more or less or different combinations, but we all have different lives and schedules too~

But yes, time efficiency is one of my favourites aspects of GST and these courses. Training first thing in the morning gives me time for martial arts in the evening, and plenty of rest time between them.

Andrew Long

h1 takes me like 10 minutes at most o.0 and thats mostly just the mobility stuff.  then again i am starting from the very begging there simply because i have weak wrists from an injury.  I am sure that time will increase as i start to progress further a long.  honestly though who cares about the time the mobility stuff in H1 itself is amazing enough to just make extra time for working out if you have to.