Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advanced L-sit on the Floor

Jono

Is the advanced variation an exercise worth pursuing, or should I stick to regular L-sits? My legs/butt feel incredibly close to the floor when I try it.

A month ago I got a 41s floor L-sit:

But my form wasn't optimal. By no means was it bad. My legs and arms were straight, but I wasn't forcing them straight. If I force them straight and make my body as tight as possible, 10-15s holds are pretty intense/stressful.

I was also considering moving onto ring L-sits. But they are hanged from my pull-up bar (small distance), so the instability factor isn't really there.

Alessandro Mainente

without a side view is impossible to judge your form...

I was asking whether doing an Advanced L-sit on the Floor should be done or not. Or do you need parallettes/an elevated surface?

I wasn't asking for form judgement. The video is a regular L, not Advanced L, so there wouldn't be much to see anyway (in terms of how much my hips are pressed / how flat my back is). And since it's on the floor, my legs have to be parallel or higher anyway, or else they'd touch the floor.

Having said that, I'll record a side view in a few days, both regular L and advanced L.

Alessandro Mainente

i never use parallets, simply because if i was elevated i didn't focus on shoulders depression and this was bad. on the floor if i don't depress i cannot stay on L-sit cause i'm to much near the floor. depression gives 2-3 cm ore more in terms of high...

the side view was only to see how much long are your arms and if you are elevating or depressing...nothing more  :D

Klaudius Petrulis

As Alex said, without seeing a side view it wouldn't be possible to tell if you're ready to train for the advanced variation.

And yes, you can train for advanced l-sits on the floor. That is if you're talking about a v-sit ?

Thanks guys. I'll get a side view video soon.

By advanced L-sit, it's still an L-sit, but you push your hips forward in front of your hands, and keep your back flat.

i never use parallets, simply because if i was elevated i didn't focus on shoulders depression and this was bad. on the floor if i don't depress i cannot stay on L-sit cause i'm to much near the floor. depression gives 2-3 cm ore more in terms of high...

the side view was only to see how much long are your arms and if you are elevating or depressing...nothing more  :D

I think I know what you mean about the depression thing. On parallettes you can let your body sag, whereas it would touch the floor if there was a floor there.  :)

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Oh, to me that's just a regular l-sit lol.

the same for me.... 

• Upvote 1

Here's a video I recorded today after my regular workout, of L-sit and L-sit (Advanced) (first real attempt at it). I think I can hold the regular L for 30s with this form. If I sag, probably 40s, but I stopped doing that.

Advice/Comments/Criticism please.

Thanks.

Michaël Van den Berg

I added a comment in the other thread (in the Digital Coaching subforum). I'll copy it here:

The regular L looks fine to me. Don't forget to breathe though, and are you sure you can hold it for 30s with good form?

The advanced L... needs some work. You lean backwards in order to get your hips to the front. For me, the cue is to try and push your entire torso to the front, not just the hips. So try to retract the shoulderblades as well.

I'm not an expert at all ;), but I used to do advanced L on the parallettes before my BtGB-hiatus and that's how it felt to me.