Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Negative OAC rotating

BodyTrain

Daniel Burnham

Also I must say that this is based on what I have experienced. Coach has not made a promise that we will have OAC by the end of foundation. I still think people be very close, but will let him decide if this is something that realizable by everyone.

Also I didn't mention the front lever OAC link. I have seen that fl work ogre increases pull-up strength. It definitely helps with scapula strength that you would need from a dead hang pull-up but does not carry over well into the rest of the pull-up motion in my opinion. You have said you had very strong biceps coming into GST. It is likely the lats and scapula control were the only weak link in your OAC. This may be why fl was so effective in healing you get it.

I do think that someone who does a lot of RC or cirques will be close to or get the OAC automatically too, just that I'm not sure why many of Coach's gymnast couldn't do OACs even when doing high volume RC.

As for the FL to OAC link, you are right about that it improved my lats and pulling strength and probably also scapula control which enabled me to be able to do full OAC. It's true that I had very strong biceps and brachialis so elbow flexion was not my weak link in OAC. I have since come to realize that for many people just training FL won't get them the OAC as I originally thought it would. I just wanted to mention how I got it and that there are more ways to get OACs without OAC work.

I wouldn't really dismiss OAC work though if someone is trying to achieve OAC as I think that is how most people on youtube get it when done properly at least I think that is how most people got theirs?

A good OAC is uncommon among any people. People just have different standards for skills, like people still call it a real OAC when they aren't even starting from deadhang and hardly get their chin over the bar. This is something many bar-athletes do and they still claim they can do multiple OACs. In general, the higher standards you have for any skill, the better because it drives you to work harder and further, that's why I won't be satisfied until my skills look near "perfect".

So true.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Hari,  This is probably because you simply do not know the later progressions of the Foundation series.  By the end of the foundation curriculum every person should either have, or be very close to a OAC. (...)

Argh! Why spill beans eh? :o