Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

tucked BL to tucked planche?

seiyafan

In tucked BL position, when I pressed down with my arms, my body would rotate around shoulders and I would end up in a tucked inverted position, how do I go without this rotation and just go up vertically and press up from tucked BL to tucked planche? I guess this is more difficult to do, I am not sure which muscles to engage. 

Much more difficult. A tuck BL=>tuck PL is very difficult for us non gymnasts. I believe a full lay is around E skill level. I work the movement with support on my forearms and even then it is intense.

One of the things I would try is to do eccentrics as slowly as you can from tuck PL to tuck BL, with proper form (elbows locked, protraction, hips level).

Pasha Muravyev

Yeah, I'm pretty sure what you're describing is significantly harder than an iron cross even, or a cross pull. So unless you have those, and are proficient at them, I think you're jumping in over your head :)

In tucked BL position, when I pressed down with my arms, my body would rotate around shoulders and I would end up in a tucked inverted position, how do I go without this rotation and just go up vertically and press up from tucked BL to tucked planche? I guess this is more difficult to do, I am not sure which muscles to engage. 

The movement you describe is called a pelican:

• Upvote 1

Much more difficult. A tuck BL=>tuck PL is very difficult for us non gymnasts. I believe a full lay is around E skill level. I work the movement with support on my forearms and even then it is intense.

One of the things I would try is to do eccentrics as slowly as you can from tuck PL to tuck BL, with proper form (elbows locked, protraction, hips level).

It's even a F if done without the stretch reflex (starting from BL).

I dont think he is referring to a pelican, I assumed he's talking about a straight arm horizontal press out of a back lever into a planche...

@B1214N, would it be an F skill even if you don't pause in the Maltese? I thought pressing straight through to planche would be one level lower idk.

Yeah, I was thinking more of a straight arm press, I guess I will reconsider it once I become as strong as Batman. 

Joshua Slocum

That press might actually be even harder in a tucked position than laid out, since the vertical travel is greater and I think the shoulder angle is even more disadvantaged. 

@B1214N, would it be an F skill even if you don't pause in the Maltese? I thought pressing straight through to planche would be one level lower idk.

I think they changed it because I remember seeing both of them rated E if lowered into back lever and F if started without lowering to back lever, but it only showed to maltese irc. Previously, it was rated E if BL to Planche and F if BL to maltese. Sorry, I can't find the sources/code of points chart.