Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand One is Live

Scott Malin

Philip Chubb

This product could have just included mobility and it would still be worth it. My wife even noticed the changes in my shoulders. The passive flexibility is finally being made to be active.

It's way better than I thought it would be. And I already thought it would be good.

• Upvote 2

Joshua Naterman

Yes. This is the first time I've been able to work such mobility without impinging my subacromial bursae. It's a good feeling to know that there might still be hope for my handstand :D

Can someone please describe the H1 workout structure and how it fits in with F1?  The F1 workouts alone are already leaving me wiped out...

Yea, those first few mobility drills are really good for people with shoulder issues... I was surprised with how I felt my scapula move, it was pretty nice. Exactly what I was trying to get to happen, but couldn't quite get on my own.

I actually was doing a variation of that for a while, but not how it was shown, and changing to Coach's form has helped. It's nice to feel things work correctly :)

Alex really said it nicely... HS1 is shockingly good. Seriously.

Joshua,

I would like to ask about H1 specifically as it pertains to scapular movement and function. But first, I in no way ask or expect that you or any one else give out information concerning the course that is not meant for the general audience that has not yet purchased (I am in that group).

I would like to know if H1 covers scapular movement, function, position, stability, etc? I am having a lot of issues with scapular dysfunctional movement and instability and resultant shoulder girdle pain, instability, and irritation as well as popping and cracking. I am not having a good time of correcting these issues on my own and was wondering if H1 contains any info as to how to go about training proper shoulder girdle movement.

I can't wait to get these two courses. Sure would like to unlock that Easter Egg! I can't believe no one has found it yet.

Cody Hahn

Scott Malin

Cody,

H1 contains a number of mobility and stability elements for the shoulder. Though specific to the handstand development, developing them will do a great deal for the overall shoulder girdle health. 

Depending on the nature of your issues, mobility work may or may not be sufficient until any underlying pathology has been properly addressed. 

Scott Malin

I'm hoping someone will find the egg soon. When I logged in it looked like someone had found it yesterday, but it turned out not to be the case. :( Soooooooo close was this person.

Joshua Naterman

Joshua,

I would like to ask about H1 specifically as it pertains to scapular movement and function. But first, I in no way ask or expect that you or any one else give out information concerning the course that is not meant for the general audience that has not yet purchased (I am in that group).

I would like to know if H1 covers scapular movement, function, position, stability, etc? I am having a lot of issues with scapular dysfunctional movement and instability and resultant shoulder girdle pain, instability, and irritation as well as popping and cracking. I am not having a good time of correcting these issues on my own and was wondering if H1 contains any info as to how to go about training proper shoulder girdle movement.

I can't wait to get these two courses. Sure would like to unlock that Easter Egg! I can't believe no one has found it yet.

Cody Hahn

The best way I can answer this is to tell you that the mobility sort of "forces" proper movement. The course is certainly no replacement for physical therapy, or soft tissue work, BUT the way that the videos are shot, it is just so easy to see what you are trying to do that it is just about impossible to go wrong.

It might be good to have someone watch you at first, because my girlfriend made a few small corrections to what I was doing (which was NOT what I thought I was doing lol!) and all of a sudden everything was fine, and I looked just like the video. Except bigger :)

Jon Douglas

I'm hoping someone will find the egg soon. When I logged in it looked like someone had found it yesterday, but it turned out not to be the case. :( Soooooooo close was this person.

Gee, I really hope that wasn't me >.<

Keilani Gutierrez

I can't stand the upheaval of excitement! 

just need to train for 2 weeks straight <_<; #keepittogetherbro

Thanks Cory and Joshua,

That sounds great! I can't wait. The funny thing is, I actually think I have something like subacromial bursae impingement going on in my shoulders as well. They get really irritated with overhead work of an both an active and passive nature and this seems to be the most likely issue along with general poor posture and poor movement, control, and stability.

I think I will get F1 and H1 and go from there in regards to rehabilitating myself. Man, this rehab stuff is no fun. But I guess in the long run I will know and understand much more about the body than I ever would have otherwise and I will be able to actually comiserate with others when they have the same or similar issues as I will have dealt with them myself and will know what it feels like.

Christopher Gosier

I couldn't find this information in the forum, even after scrolling through all the topics here, but the fact that this course is titled Handstand ONE does give me the impression that there will be other handstand courses.  Is this the case?  If so, how many more would there possible be, and would a bulk buying option like F1-F4 exist?  I'm just trying to figure out whether I should just buy the H1 now, or if I should wait for a bulk buying option.

Scott Malin

I couldn't find this information in the forum, even after scrolling through all the topics here, but the fact that this course is titled Handstand ONE does give me the impression that there will be other handstand courses.  Is this the case?  If so, how many more would there possible be, and would a bulk buying option like F1-F4 exist?  I'm just trying to figure out whether I should just buy the H1 now, or if I should wait for a bulk buying option.

There will be more to the Handstand series, however, no release date or series packages are being released at this time. We need to finish Foundation 2-4 prior to embarking on this.

Joshua Slocum

A couple of people have asked on the forum if they could upgrade their F1 purchase to purchase of the whole Foundation series, and were told yes. I imagine you could do the same for H1, so I'd go ahead and buy it now. 

I would like to know whether it is possible to buy the whole Foundation series and the Handstand One in a bundle and get a little bit of discount.

Also could you enlight me why is a cost difference between the Handstand One course and the Foundation One?

The price difference suggests that the Handstand courses have a higher value than mere GST.

Klaudius Petrulis

I would like to know whether it is possible to buy the whole Foundation series and the Handstand One in a bundle and get a little bit of discount.

Also could you enlight me why is a cost difference between the Handstand One course than the Foundation One?

The price difference suggests that the Handstand courses have a higher value than mere GST.

H1 is much more detailed in terms of layout and progressions.  You can be on it for 5 years if you start from the beginning, which F1 is something like 2 years? (I forget)

While it does cover only topic, the mobility and progressions are extremely worth the money imho

Scott Malin

Also could you enlight me why is a cost difference between the Handstand One course and the Foundation One?

- Right now, bundles are only within a series (buy 4 courses for the price of 3). 

- The price difference is because Coach Sommer wanted it that way!

That's a bummer, anyway thanks for the quick response!

Forgive my ignorance on this, but why would something as basic as a freestanding handstand take 5 years to master.

I wouldn't expect it to take longer than a year and half. Most kids in the local gymnastic facility learn this skill with proper form in a year or so.

Also in my understanding that is only the first part of the whole series, so I have to assume the whole course would take me 20 years of dedication. I'm positively sure that coach's method is bullet proof, yet that's not something I would consider a productive use of time.

Coach Sommer

- As this is skill training, it is impossible to predict how long it will take someone to progress thru all of the elements.  The whole course will simply take as long as it takes.

- You are engaging in paralysis by analysis.  As I share with the GB Seminar students, it is impossible to say where you will be 12 months from now; however I can tell you exactly where you are today.  

And unless you get started today, that is exactly where you are going to be tomorrow as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 8

Scott Malin

That's a bummer, anyway thanks for the quick response!

Forgive my ignorance on this, but why would something as basic as a freestanding handstand take 5 years to master.

I wouldn't expect it to take longer than a year and half.

Also in my understanding that is only the first part of the whole series, so I have to assume the whole course would take me 20 years of dedication. That's not something I would consider a productive use of time.

Courses are micro-steps; it comes down to how well-rounded your training has been up to this point. Five years is only if you are so untrained that you have to do every step.

Mastery according to Coach is not a 10s handstand with so-so form: it's multiple sets of 2 minutes with perfect form with almost no rest in between. If anyone expects to start at ground zero and achieve this in a year and a half, they are delusional. 

Courses are about training to a National Coach's standards. In Coach Sommer's mind, if it takes five years to get it perfect, then it has been five years well spent. Champions are not built off anything less than blood, sweat, and attention to perfecting minute detail. What we are offering is the means for a person to build themselves into something that far surpasses the what the rest of the population will ever be capable of. If one chooses to half-@#^ the program and get so-so results that is within their right. However, we encourage all to stand out and above the crowd.

• Upvote 3

- As this is skill training, it is impossible to predict how long it will take someone to progress thru all of the elements.  The whole course will simply take as long as it takes.

- You are engaging in paralysis by analysis.  As I share with the GB Seminar students, it is impossible to say where you will be 12 months from now; however I can tell you exactly where you are today.  

And unless you get started today, that is exactly where you are going to be tomorrow as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach, thanks for pointing that out.

I definitely have the crippling habbit of overanalyzing everything to the point of paralysis.

I absolutely have to get rid of that mindset, and get started in my training.

Courses are micro-steps; it comes down to how well-rounded your training has been up to this point. Five years is only if you are so untrained that you have to do every step.

Mastery according to Coach is not a 10s handstand with so-so form: it's multiple sets of 2 minutes with perfect form with almost no rest in between. If anyone expects to start at ground zero and achieve this in a year and a half, they are delusional. 

Courses are about training to a National Coach's standards. In Coach Sommer's mind, if it takes five years to get it perfect, then it has been five years well spent. Champions are not built off anything less than blood, sweat, and attention to perfecting minute detail. What we are offering is the means for a person to build themselves into something that far surpasses the what the rest of the population will ever be capable of. If one chooses to half-@#^ the program and get so-so results that is within their right. However, we encourage all to stand out and above the crowd.

Well multiple sets of 2 minutes perfect handstand without much rest explains everything. I wasn't aware of that.

Nic Branson

You get out what you put in. Our expectations and standards are high. With this is mind every effort is being put forth to ensure you have all the tools necessary. It is up to you to use them, and when you need help to ask.

Everyone is getting unprecedented levels of information garnered from Coach's years of experience in developing champion level athletes. The information is put forth in such a way that people of every level have the ability to start and advance at their own rates. Worry not about what you will be doing next year, worry about what you ARE doing today.

• Upvote 1

Scott Malin

Well multiple sets of 2 minutes perfect handstand without much rest explains everything. I wasn't aware of that.

It was meant to be a surprise by Coach when someone opened the course. I just spoiled it. :(

Anders Alexandersson

It ain't so bad, I think as a newbie, and blackbird seems happy enough. As the Webmaster, you can delete the spoiler for the future should you and Coach so decide. Personally, I suggest a recovery week. :D