Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand One is Live

Scott Malin

- Yes, the format of the Foundation Series will be changing as well.

- There are a variety of very good reasons for these changes that I will not go into.  Suffice it to say that they are necessary and my preferred method for sharing the information in these courses.

- Anyone who has purchased the Foundation Series and is not satisfied with the format changes may receive a full refund.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Very disappointed in this...  It's not that I want a refund, but I want the product that was originally promised and that I bought into...

With that said, can we still expect to see F2-F4 available in "early March" as was also promised?

Jon Douglas

GFT! the ridiculousness is that I have to wait until monday to begin ;_; (currently in deload week)

edit: last day of deload week. hallelujah. 

Same position. I doubt I'll be able to hold off testing the initial progressions today and then swing into action with a new week and new cycle.

Coach Sommer

- The original format of the Foundation Series will no longer be available.  That ship has sailed and is not coming back.  

- We are working on the next Foundation Courses as we speak; Foundation Two will be along shortly.  

- As has already been pointed out, these are massive projects and consistently have taken longer than both my team and I have projected.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 4

FREDERIC DUPONT

- The original format of the Foundation Series will no longer be available.

hehehe, now I have a collector's edition :)

• Upvote 8

Sven Ravnstag

I can foresee some challenges with an online only format, but it doesn't seem like anything a little foresight and planning wouldn't address.  All in all I'm ambivalent about the new delivery method, as I'm not particularly fond of the epub format.  Assuming the online offering is more user-friendly, and since an offline version may eventually be available, I say go with the flow.

Regarding those of us who have already purchased F1 and have the epub:  Will we have access to the online version of F1 once it's up?

Keilani Gutierrez

talk about highest strategic value...>_> i'll work out in the office for now.

Joshua Slocum

If you don't have an internet connection in your gym I can see how the online requirement would be a pain. I've certainly found it helpful in F1 to be able to watch videos of the exercises while learning them so I can check my form. 

• Upvote 5

Scott Malin

If you don't have an internet connection in your gym I can see how the online requirement would be a pain. I've certainly found it helpful in F1 to be able to watch videos of the exercises while learning them so I can check my form. 

-While that is true, I'd be surprised if the majority of individuals need to check form for the entire cycle. If they do they are likely on the wrong progression. So the inconvenience is limited to a week or two per new progression.

-In regards to the general complaints in this thread about no offline version, please keep in mind that one of the major reasons for this is a failing on the part of other companies, not GymnasticBodies. I can't get all the courses out if I need to create and upkeep 5 versions for each: and certain devices like Android have near-zero support for video despite their claims to the contrary. If you are displeased at the lack of epub 3/video support, please instead write to the developers of the applications you use. 

-I want to make a distinction about what a course is and isn't. Courses are a service. This means that it's Coach Sommer providing coaching to you in a multimedia format. This is exactly what you'd get in person, it's simply more explicit. In person Coach would pick your progression without giving you the benefit of seeing the "charts" in his head. If we were making you a vase or a watch that was a product, you would be free to do whatever you wish with it. Courses, however, are not a watch. We are working long and hard hours to do everything possible to spoon feed success to everyone here. Over time, the courses will continue to expand and gain new features--all for free as part of our lifetime course updates.

• Upvote 7

Will the handstand series include any press handstand work?

HS1 contains a clue as to the answer.

-In regards to the general complaints in this thread about no offline version, please keep in mind that one of the major reasons for this is a failing on the part of other companies, not GymnasticBodies. I can't get all the courses out if I need to create and upkeep 5 versions for each: and certain devices like Android have near-zero support for video despite their claims to the contrary. If you are displeased at the lack of epub 3/video support, please instead write to the developers of the applications you use. 

This is definitely a very valid point. It can't be up to Cory to adapt the product to every device on the market.

However, it did work for many people and I'm sure many of us would be willing to use an obscure ePub reader or similar workaround to get the offline functionality if providing support for every device was not feasible.

For what it's worth, I use these courses like I would a reference book. I actually prefer the new format because it makes it much easier to find the info I need, due to the navigation system.

Look up what you need jot it down, refer back after your workout to compare notes when needed, In the gym, get the job done.

Richard Hamilton

Wow... really impressed with H1! :D  Thanks Coach and all the GB team for another fantastic course... you're really doing an outstanding job! Between this and the Foundation series I'll have plenty to do for a very long time :)

As for the format... I'm happy with it and it makes sense to deliver the course this way. I'm sure it makes life more straightforward and allows the team to focus on the content rather than technical issues. The F & H courses are a bargain in my opinion and worth every penny.

Thanks once again, you're providing a great service!  :D

-While that is true, I'd be surprised if the majority of individuals need to check form for the entire cycle. If they do they are likely on the wrong progression. So the inconvenience is limited to a week or two per new progression.

-I want to make a distinction about what a course is and isn't. Courses are a service. This means that it's Coach Sommer providing coaching to you in a multimedia format. This is exactly what you'd get in person, it's simply more explicit. In person Coach would pick your progression without giving you the benefit of seeing the "charts" in his head. If we were making you a vase or a watch that was a product, you would be free to do whatever you wish with it. Courses, however, are not a watch. We are working long and hard hours to do everything possible to spoon feed success to everyone here. Over time, the courses will continue to expand and gain new features--all for free as part of our lifetime course updates.

Hi Cory,

I am not writing with complaint or contempt, as I am appreciative for all the knowledge that is shared here and the hard work that has gone into creating the new documents.  That said, surely one can understand why there would be some frustration among loyal and paying customers when something is repeatedly referred to as a "product" during marketing, is then offered for download as such, and then is later suddenly rebranded as something very different.

Suggesting that the new documents are unlike a book/resource and blaming epub developers/etc for technical difficulties hardly seems productive.  Not to gripe on this any longer, but just saying...

Have you considered trying video-embedded PDFs?

Klaudius Petrulis

I work out at home. And even though I have access to my computer, I don't use it at all during my training since it is a distraction.  I practice all of the movements beforehand to understand what I'm doing. Then, if I have an issue with form or think something is off, I'll revisit the material. But having to access the course each time I have a question in the middle of a workout isn't a good excuse, because I should know what I'm doing beforehand.

I see a lot of people saying that they're disappointed, but guys, 2 or 3 weeks into it you won't need to access the course until the next cycle. I really think we may be making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Thanks to Coach, Cory, and all of the ninjas for working so hard for us!

• Upvote 3

I work out at home. And even though I have access to my computer, I don't use it at all during my training since it is a distraction.  I practice all of the movements beforehand to understand what I'm doing. Then, if I have an issue with form or think something is off, I'll revisit the material. But having to access the course each time I have a question in the middle of a workout isn't a good excuse, because I should know what I'm doing beforehand.

I see a lot of people saying that they're disappointed, but guys, 2 or 3 weeks into it you won't need to access the course until the next cycle. I really think we may be making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Thanks to Coach, Cory, and all of the ninjas for working so hard for us!

I agree, after 2 or 3 weeks into a cycle you don't need access to the materials!  But what about those first weeks?  Will it be an issue with every cycle? 

Klaudius Petrulis

I agree, after 2 or 3 weeks into a cycle you don't need access to the materials!  But what about those first weeks?  Will it be an issue with every cycle? 

With some movements I could definitely see that happening, but with others you'll understand them after your first workout. I'm a perfectionist and a slow learner, so it's a bad combination for me. I'm assuming most people will get the movements down by week 2.

Scott Malin

Hi Cory,

I am not writing with complaint or contempt, as I am appreciative for all the knowledge that is shared here and the hard work that has gone into creating the new documents.  That said, surely one can understand why there would be some frustration among loyal and paying customers when something is repeatedly referred to as a "product" during marketing, is then offered for download as such, and then is later suddenly rebranded as something very different.

Suggesting that the new documents are unlike a book/resource and blaming epub developers/etc for technical difficulties hardly seems productive.  Not to gripe on this any longer, but just saying...

Have you considered trying video-embedded PDFs?

It's not rebranded, it was making clear a semantic distinction. "Product" in e-commerce simply means anything you sell. Product in the sense of who owns it and has rights to do what with it is a different meaning and discussion. If we did not make that clear before, that is our fault and I apologize: it has always been viewed to us as a service meant to be consumed rather than an object you do something with. We see simply reading course material to be like listening to a coach and then doing nothing: the intent is rather to have everyone implementing the advice. 

It really isn't technical difficulties: I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours upon the format and delivery question and exhausted a great deal of possibilities (video-embeded pdf included). As frustrating as the change may be for some, it's just as much or moreso to myself. Development is a bi-directional bridge and if the other parties refuse to cooperate, I can do little more than look to other means.

• Upvote 2

Klaudius Petrulis

Cory, I think we're all happy to have the material. Regardless if we can only access it during specific times. Thank you for your hard work.

• Upvote 1

Scott Malin

Will the web pages for Handstand One format as a mobile site on mobile devices?

Yes. If you have any problems with scaling, simply drop me a ticket.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Get over it people, as Coach said, "that boat has left & is not coming back" :)

Look at the upside: you have the course you've all been waiting for that will take you from where you are at now, to a 2 min free standing handstand with gymnastics' criteria & injury free.

With the format difficulties, there is no way anyone could reasonably keep up with updates and new materials for multiple versions of the same documents.

As to the "paying customer" and "faithful visitor" of the forum, please! :facepalm: You have now access to something that just 6 hours ago, money could not buy! B)

okay, time for my soup......... :D

• Upvote 4

Get over it people, as Coach said, "that boat has left & is not coming back" :)

Look at the upside: you have the course you've all been waiting for that will take you from where you are at now, to a 2 min free standing handstand with gymnastics' criteria & injury free.

With the format difficulties, there is no way anyone could reasonably keep up with updates and new materials for multiple versions of the same documents.

As to the "paying customer" and "faithful visitor" of the forum, please! :facepalm: You have now access to something that just 6 hours ago, money could not buy! B)

okay, time for my soup......... :D

I was referring to the pre-purchased Foundation materials, not that it really matters anymore...