Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Low flips.

Jordi Van Gelder

Jordi Van Gelder

Hi,

Don't know if this is the correct forum for that... my problem is that all flips i do, back, front, side, kick....all of them always are low. Its just the technique or its important the vertical jump? any good training for vertical jumps?

About the technique i try to jump high and be on " tuck " possition in the air but it's also a low flip.

Thank you!

Joshua Slocum

Also, make sure to post a video of you doing each skill that you want help with. The problem with your back flip isn't necessarily the same as the problem with your front flip. 

more than likely you are:

not compressing your tuck position enough

not allowing your hips to extend

bad takeoff angle that is too horizontal

test your vertical jump to be sure. ideally nearly 24" at least.

• 2 weeks later...
Jordi Van Gelder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuCFIUrOqgs&feature=youtu.be

Finally i recorded some of my flips. You can see there is a ramp so i can do them easily. First i try with a jump at beginning, at this point i can do them, but what i wan to do is like the lasts, without any little jump.

What about the technique? 

Thank you.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Nice. :)

(and good idea to do this in front of the red cross first aid booth... :blink: )

• Upvote 2

Daniel Burnham

The problem is that you aren't setting. Your tuck also isn't very tight. I won't be able to coach you on this over the Internet but you need to learn to set with your arms extended overhead and then Reach over for a front tuck. Also you jump straight from the lunge for both a standing and punching tuck your feet should be together.

Rachid Tahri

In the back tuck you jump back and you arch your back and you look immediately back. You should try to jump upwards and look forward and tuck much more explosively. In your front flip you should also try to jump up and then tuck. I advice you to try this first on a trampoline/save environment. This helped me a lot to gain height. That said: In case you don't have a real life teacher: find one.

Agree with what other people said, tuck faster gives the illusion of higher flip because the flip would be completeed just when gravity starts to pull you down.