Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Critique request: My hour-and-a-half training routine

Pasi Niskanen

Pasi Niskanen

Hi all!

I'm new here and was hoping for some input on my current routine. It goes as follows.

Two sets per move, same number of reps per move, progression 1 rep per session, 2 minute rest between sets, takes about one and a half hours. Each move can be found from here:

Moves are not in the order of completion but rather by category. I try to mix them up to work out everything evenly.

BAR
Hanging knee to elbow
Hanging leg raise
Archer pull-up
Hanging wipers
Front lever (extending legs one after the other)

PUSH-UPS
Spiderman
Hindu
Diamond
Crucifix

OTHERS
Pistols
Bodyweight tricep extension
Shoulder press holding the kettlebell by its horn and the bell facing upwards

I do this 3 times a week and often after a 1,5 h - 2 h climbing session. Bouldering is my main sport. What do you guys think? Is it comprehensive enough?

FREDERIC DUPONT

I am not qualified to analyse your proposed routine Pasi A.E.N.; however, I think you would benefit from taking a good look at Foundation one.

F1 is the brand new training system that Coach Sommers recently published; it has put many of us on a fast track to progress towards our goals. :)

• Upvote 1

Marc Proudman

I am not qualified to analyse your proposed routine Pasi A.E.N.; however, I think you would benefit from taking a good look at Foundation one.

F1 is the brand new training system that Coach Sommers recently published; it has put many of us on a fast track to progress towards our goals. :)

I'd second that :)

Joshua Slocum

Pasi, it looks fairly comprehensive. My recommendation would be to make sure you mix up your exercise selection every few weeks.  

Foundation is not a fast track. Foundation is methodical and comprehensive, and guides you to achieve mastery.

Pasi, it looks fairly comprehensive. My recommendation would be to make sure you mix up your exercise selection every few weeks.  

Foundation is not a fast track. Foundation is methodical and comprehensive, and guides you to achieve mastery.

Not to derail this too much, but I'd actually say it *is* a fast track to GST success. Moves quickly past your strengths (by testing for mastery) and homes right in on weak links doing so.