Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

leg strength

chad

I have been working out on my rings for about a month and am noticing a dramatic increase in my upper body strength. I currently do exercises such as skin the cat, push ups, pull ups, dips, and rows. My question is how should I work my legs as I am finding it difficult to intergrate a total body program. I have access to weights or should I just use bodyweight exercises pistols, glute ham raise etc. Also could I get a good list of leg exercises sets reps etc.

thanks,

Chad

I would suggest going with the bodyweight training for your legs as well, but throwing in a few weighted exercises here and there. There is no reaon you need to stick with just one way of training.

This is a complex topic, and really needs to be followed up with the reason why you are looking at increased leg strength.

Single leg squat variants and jumping (both 1 and 2 leg) are probably your biggest bang for the buck if you stick with your bodyweight as resistance, especially if you are not looking to add a lot of tissue to the body.

The barbell lifts shouldn't be neglected, either, when you are looking at methods to improve leg strength, however, the squat will tend to add lean muscle tissue to the body, which, depending on your case, may be undesirable.