Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Women And Advanced Gst

Connor Davies

Thedeadliestcat

I started training on rings in Feb. of this year and I'm a female. I can dislocate and started not training but "playing" on the rings and made a trip to Santa Monica Original Muscle beach. I started imitating the men on the rings and I picked up quick. I'm not so much focused on the iron cross, but dislocates and swings now. But i get bored and have move back to the parrelel bars. Working on swing to handstand, almost got it 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Charlotte Greenwood

***although theoretically speaking muscle ups are not considered advanced GST.

• Upvote 1

Kate Abernethy

I can do muscle ups and check this out, Johanna Quaas ... Age is no excuse!

Go and stand in the Naughty corner with those who've been doing muscle ups before completing F4 RC and HBP :-p

... unless you have, and with those abs I'd believe it!

Charlotte Greenwood

Haha I haven't see what the progressions are in the F4 course yet. I'm finishing up F1. Please forgive me, I only discovered GB this year and only started F1 in mid August... I could already do strict MUs and Legless rope climbs at that point though.

There are a lot of very strong ladies out there. Many of them work in the circus and as dancers.

Never underestimate the power of the female species

• Upvote 5

I took it to mean simply curling, but in a back lever.  Sounds pretty beastly.

How well do women do on the Foundation 1 program?  I assume it's something Coach would have considered when he developed the thing.  For example, thanks to you guys I know that several women can do a straddle planche.  Is that why the planche progression only goes as far as straddle, or is full lay really that impossible even for most men?  But then, even with all the mindblowing stuff you guys have posted in this thread, I'm still having a hard time believing a full side lever could be done.  But then, I have a hard time believing a side lever can be done at all....

Edit: or did you mean the back lever curls in BtGB?  Which is more of a pull to a bent arm support.  That's pretty crazy stuff.  Anyone crazy enough to do their dips like that?

I believe Coach Sommer has said that women may require a light spot on the final HBP elements, but should be able to complete all other elements.

Daniel Burnham

I believe Coach Sommer has said that women may require a light spot on the final HBP elements, but should be able to complete all other elements.

Side lever has been done by women before. Take a look at some of the pole dancing championships. The women there do them sometimes.

• Upvote 1

The woman (Daniela Leal) appears to perform this in some of her routines, though maybe not as wide:

(around 0:44)

(also around 0:44)

• Upvote 1

Side lever has been done by women before. Take a look at some of the pole dancing championships. The women there do them sometimes.

Fair enough. That seems to corroborate well with what I remember reading.

Yeah, I personally now 4 women that can do some nice side levers =]

Alessandro Mainente

I've recently seen a video of a GB seminar where the were some girls........what the hell    :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:   :o  :o  :o  :o

Klemen Bobnar

I've recently seen a video of a GB seminar where the were some girls........what the hell    :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:   :o  :o  :o  :o

Video?