Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A General Guide To Nutrition

Raizen

So i hear milk is bad but what about soy milk?

I switched to soy milk for my cereal and protein shakes because regular milk would go bad too soon in my fridge (since I was the only one of my roommates who used it). It is at least better for me than regular milk right?

Actually I think soymilk is probably even worse for you than milk. It's extremely processed and I hear it causes increases in estrogen or some such thing. Unless you're a vegan I suggest you stay away from it.

Take your protein shakes without milk. Only with water. Beacuse milk decelerate absorbcion of whey. After training you need fast absorbcion so that is why you take whey instead casein!!!!

• 2 months later...

Don't take this the wrong way but you got a lot current trend info in there, looks like most of it is from Berardi. While the guidelines aren't bad and Berardi is a great nutritionist that stuff is far from general. Saying milk sucks is yours or his opinion, milk has been used as a staple for decades with amazing success before protein powders were even around saying is sucks and just following something that some strength coach said is not thinking for yourself. Same with pwm and 6 meals a day diets, both of which a relatively new trends and unless without them there haven't been amazing strength feats and physiques made (there have been plenty) they are not a general nutrition guideline. PWM are just a supplement nothing else like vitamins and minerals great as a supplement but if you nutrition isnt in check worthless.

I am not a big fan when people just follow current trend without doing their own research on the subject.

And by the way 6 meals a day has not showed to increase metabolism in any study I am not even sure where the myth came from. 6 meals keep insulin from spiking which is why people advocate it so much, but it is definitely not a necessity for general nutrition. The ONLY thing to increase metabolism significantly is hypertrophy (no surprise there, more muscle more energy needed) and exercise.

Don't take this the wrong way but you got a lot current trend info in there, looks like most of it is from Berardi. While the guidelines aren't bad and Berardi is a great nutritionist that stuff is far from general. Saying milk sucks is yours or his opinion, milk has been used as a staple for decades with amazing success before protein powders were even around saying is sucks and just following something that some strength coach said is not thinking for yourself. Same with pwm and 6 meals a day diets, both of which a relatively new trends and unless without them there haven't been amazing strength feats and physiques made (there have been plenty) they are not a general nutrition guideline. PWM are just a supplement nothing else like vitamins and minerals great as a supplement but if you nutrition isnt in check worthless.

I am not a big fan when people just follow current trend without doing their own research on the subject.

And by the way 6 meals a day has not showed to increase metabolism in any study I am not even sure where the myth came from it keeps insulin from spiking. The ONLY thing to increase metabolism significantly is hypertrophy (no surprise there, more muscle more energy needed) and exercise.

Who said milk sucks???? Of course PWM are supplements and with good supplementing in the elit gymnast can produce better results. And if I remember right are higher spiking amino acids with 6 meals, that is more anabolic then the constant inflow.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.