• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Alessandro Mainente

How to fix rounded shoulders

Hi Hen, unfortunately on this site, you cannot find a tutorial. there are many causes of the rounded shoulders: -daily work posture; -unbalanced workout; -previous injuries etc. Usually, this can lead to some muscles to become tighter and others to be weak. in order to solve the problem you need to check a physiotherapist the tells you WHAT ARE THE CAUSES specifically for your problem. then you can come back, get the monthly subscription and i will be happy helping you to solve the problem. BUT I won't make a diagnosis from behind a monitor.
  3. Alessandro Mainente

Riding bikes and lifting weights

Hi Terry, it depends first on the type of injuries that you had experienced previously. For sure developing a basic strength, basic flexibility and decent muscle balancing is a good way for preventing injuries. now, if you have an unbalanced posture that can be the major cause of injury you need first to understand the problem then work on the rest. COnsider that normally our body learns one thing at a time, performing strength training plus hypertrophy plus endurance will lead to poor results on all the fields. for major results on one field, you need to focus more on it.
  4. Alessandro Mainente

“Restore” program after shoulder surgery?

Hi Wayne, personally. i had a torn ACL. the rehab program should be COMPLETELY planned by physiotherapist and orthopedic simply because every single surgery has its own story: -type of lesion; -structures involved; -type of surgery etc. Restoring a healthy shoulder it is no restoring a shoulder with a surgery. follow PT program until the fully restored range of motion.
  5. Terry C. Bailey

Riding bikes and lifting weights

Hello, I am new-ish (I started the program and then got sick for a couple of weeks). I started this program hoping to eliminate the nagging minor injuries and general lack of flexibility that I experience while doing (mainly) standard barbell training. However; I do enjoy weightlifting, and I also like riding bikes (mountain and road). Should I quit or restrict either or both of these activities for the benefit of progressing in this program? Thank you, Terry
  6. Last week
  7. Hi, I’m 9 weeks post shoulder surgery (full thickness tear of the supraspinatus and bicep tendons). Still working with a physiotherapist and my mobility is improving, it still has some way to go before I can start training again. I’m keen on getting back into the program, but not sure where to start. I own most of the level 1 programs, but think that may be too much until I have my full range of motion restored. Where is the best place to start and improve my shoulder mobility or strength? I haven’t yet subscribed as my plan was to complete the level 1 programs before joining the subscription program. As such, I don’t have access to the Restore series and wanted to know if perhaps they too would be too advanced for this stage of my rehab. I don’t want to start a free trial only to find it wasted at this stage. Alternately, is there is better program than the “Restore” series to work back into, starting with my shoulder rehab? Thanks for any advice. Wayne
  8. Hen Finkelstain

How to fix rounded shoulders

Hi, I’m looking for some tutorial that explain how to fix rounded shoulders. i have this problem all my life.
  9. Geir Eikelia

Wim Hof Method

Hi I did the 10 weeks course but could not Get past week 4 with 10 min cold shower every day. The course is great but you Get all the benefits from the free course. Read the book ^what dosent kill us^ Im doing systema and they GOT some great breathing and cold water exersise. god luck
  10. Earlier
  11. Thomas Nordman

Video review page on new website?

Great! Simple as that. Thanks @Giulio Pizzini, that was all I requested.
  12. Giulio Pizzini

Thomas, as far as I can see you can still go to the old link and find your history: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/videoreview/ Just don't send new videos because they will not be reviewed
  13. Thomas Nordman

Sorry coach. I understand that the private review service is no more. That was obvious and I have no problem using the forum instead. My question was regarding the review history. As I mentioned, it contained valuable information for me.
  14. Coach Sommer

No need to ask the same question three times in a row, people. Private video reviews have been discontinued. Yours in Fitness, Coach Sommer
  15. Thomas Nordman

Is there some way to restore the private reviews or are they gone forever? That review history contained a lot of valuable information for me.
  16. Alessandro Mainente

Layout + twist

HI Eloy, first of all, consider that usually, we do not manage tumbling skills development of this type on the forum because there is a serious risk of injury. personally, i believe that in case of poor spine conditioning and hips mobility the stress is transferred all over the lower back. so my suggestion is developing first FOUNDATIONS up to the 4th at least for legs progression and core development. then you can begin to think about tumbling seriously.
  17. Eloy Bote

Layout + twist

Hi guys, I know some of you are gymnastics coaches and some of you do tumbling too. Do you have any drills for good layouts? I'm very bad at those, I mean, I do it wrong and sometimes my lower back muscles are sore after the training because either I overuse them or I don't use them at all. I wish I could train my layouts without soreness so maybe you can give me some tips or drills to keep good muscle activation. I can do a full hour of tumbling with tucks and pikes (twisting too) without problem but layouts... leave my body like trash. This is related to twisting. Some of the old tumblers I train with recommend me to develop good layout because they find it the easiest body form for twisting.
  18. Gabriel Nunez

Painful Quad (above knee) - advice how to proceed

Marko, first question I would ask is if you are heel-striking or doing a mid-foot strike when running/jogging? The way your foot makes contact on the ground and the kinds of shoes you are wearing (wedged, arc-support, etc.,) may be creating misalignment issues up the leg. If you were to run in place, you will notice you will be running on your mid-foot (toes) and then all you have to do is lean slightly forward and you will start moving forward. This straight alignment, with the forward lean happening at your ankles (not your back) will correct most running-related issues. I recommend reading the books The Pose Method , Born to Run and 80/20 Running to self-diagnose. Maybe also go get seen by a physical therapist to see if you have any issues that cannot be visually discerned.
  19. Tiago Buhr

Getting Rid Of Lower Back Pain

Hey Alessandro, Thank you for your points. I reviewed my technique on the seal stretch, and found out there was a lot of room for improvement. Since doing the technique the pain reduced quite a lot while doing the exercise. I will see if I can get in touch with a PT so he can check me up. Thank you.
  20. Gabriel Nunez

Fortnightly Training Schedule

Great suggestion.
  21. Alessandro Mainente

On some range of motion like the seal variation, the lower back can hurt a bit and in this case it quite normal. Doing strength exercises that hurt means that with the current technique they hurt...but what about technique? is it correct? Core work in your case (probably lower back flexed can make the condition worse) should be carefully planned. For your case, due to strong PPt the hamstring variation of the Front split course should be done with little bent knees. Said that, if you check a PT and you have a decent diagnosis about WHAT is particularly tight in your hips I can help you definitely more.
  22. Tiago Buhr

I understand, but this doesn't answer any of my questions. I am doing all 3 stretch courses. What about this: "My ideas for how to fix this: 1. Be patient. I've had an entire lifetime to build these deficiencies, it will take a good amount of time for it to get better. 2. Stop doing any exercises that hurt me. 3. Start adding some core work in between, to strengthen my glutes and abdominal muscles. 4. Start adding some more hamstring mobility exercises. Which ones I don't know yet. 5. Do the seal stretches on my elbows, as recommended by Coach Sommers in this post. "
  23. Alessandro Mainente

Developing the pike: Front split GB course. Developing the middle split: middle split GB curse. developing the spine extension: thoracic bridge GB course.
  24. Matthew Walker

Fortnightly Training Schedule

Second this. Either that or just an option to move workouts to other days in an easier manner (like a "move to another day" function) to move everything in one batch. Right now you have to individually move each class/course if you want to do them on a different day and have them marked as done. Would be nice in case you missed a day and want to do it the next day. All and all a minor issue. The new setup is definitely awesome.
  25. Tiago Buhr

Hello @Alessandro Mainente, thank you for your reply. I don't understand what to do with your suggestions though. Should I do the seal stretch on the elbows then? What about thoracic extension? And how to develop the Pike position? And what about the ideas I posted on my initial post? Thank you for your help.
  26. Jeff Walker

Rings

THanks
  27. Coach Sommer

Rings

The official size of a competitive gymnastics ring is 1.1in which is 27.94mm or basically 28mm. The official size of a competitive mens olympic lifting bar is 28mm. Note that the largest super heavy weight olympic lifter competes with the same 28mm bar as the smallest weight class. Larger athletes do not compete with larger diameter bars. The same rule applies to gymnastics ring size. The urban myth of needing a larger diameter ring for larger athletes is simply something that has been propogated by the uninformed. The size of the athlete has nothing to do with the size of the ring used. Get the 1.1in. Yours in Fitness, Coach Sommer
  28. Jeff Walker

Rings

So what is the size that I should train with 1.11in or 1.25in?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.