Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. John Daniel

Riding bikes and lifting weights

I ride for fun plus follow the program. Personally, I think it complements it well. The program does not trash your legs badly, do you will be ready for the bike. It does stretch everything. And it especially strengthens the stuff the bike does not hit much - upper and core.
  4. Earlier
  5. Alessandro Mainente

INTRO OR LEVEL 1

Hey Omar have you already checked the "tour" function in the right top corner label?
  6. Omar Berkelaar

INTRO OR LEVEL 1

i dont really know where to start. Is it better to do the intro and then proceed to level 1?
  7. Alessandro Mainente

Rope climb Negatives cirques.

I do not make assumptions basing on the % of weighted chin up. consider that my clients once completed Foundations 4 for rope climbing have already approximately 70% bodyweight on a weighted chin up. I had in the past one client who has reached the one arm chin up by working only with weighted chin up but it was only one. the other had the oac only with specific work after foundations 4 was completed. this ensures me a sort of safety margin in order to avoid elbows problem. all my strongest clients are completely pain-free. i mean people doing crosses, Maltese, one arm chin up , planche on rings, back lever muscleup etc. all of them had a very long work on basis that is exactly what is presented on foundations.
  8. Asad Chaman-Ali

What would i need to be ready then a 70-80% bodyweight percentage weighted chin up let me guess
  9. Alessandro Mainente

Hi Asad, personally your negative is half rom negative. if you are intentionally doing half rom negative is ok, but if this is your level fo strength then you are not ready for negative.
  10. Asad Chaman-Ali

Hi besides legless rope climbs with strict descent on the way down what are the next following progressions for building up to the strict descent on the way down which means the negatives in the cirques? Sorry if i ask too much but how easy will rope climb make OAC i got no luck doing slight to minimal band assisted negatives with the OAC/OAP. Specially for the deadhang part that is the hardest part of the movement.
  11. Alessandro Mainente

Increase mass of biceps

The problem of doing more with biceps is that you can overload the elbows joint. sincerely, my biceps starts to grow when completing F4 on rope climbing and I starting rings work. I do not share too much the idea of merging GST with bodybuilding/aesthetics because they have different goals and your body can make good adaptation on one goal at a time. you need to understand what is your priority.
  12. Marco Levati

Increase mass of biceps

You look great! However I am positive that my abs mass has grown. My body fat is 11%. I promise you I am eating so much. Double of what my colleagues eat, I just follow more paleo foods. Maybe I can start integrating then with some protein powder. Anyhow the original question remains: any recommendation of series that stimulate biceps in particular?
  13. Alessandro Mainente

Increase mass of biceps

HI Marco, the matter of the core section is a matter of body fat. simply because abs cannot be hypertrophied so simply you have reduced the general bodyfat, the muscles separation is better and they look bigger. said that, if you are reducing the body fat % it is because you are in a caloric deficit. if you are in a caloric deficit you cannot increase the muscles mass for definition. the fact that you are not experimenting muscles separation is the arms is simply because the body fat in your arms is higher than in the abs and they will be the last body part where the fat will be used as an energy source. now...i'm going to post here my change from 8 months ago up to now...do you want to know what's happening? body fat reduction...I look better, it seems that I'm bigger...but not, i weigth 8 kg less.
  14. Marco Levati

Increase mass of biceps

Hi, I am currently almost done with the Mastery levels of Foundations One. Will start Two very soon. I have been progressing steadily without skipping progressions (even if exercises were "too easy"), and I love it like this slowly painless progression. I feel great and my question is more about proportions of aesthetics. I noticed that my core is starting to look really good, well defined and muscles are getting bigger. However my arms are not really changing. What is a good series to do every week to increase the mass of biceps? and eventually also triceps? I know it could sound as a superficial question, but I am sure others have the same. Thanks for the suggestions!
  15. Cory Fair

Question about Integrated Plans

Hi @Matthew Walker, the plans won't automatically change levels on you. Once you're ready, you can add the next level.
  16. Matthew Walker

Question about Integrated Plans

I was wondering, do the integrated plans automatically move to the next level once certain criteria has been met (foundation progression levels, classes marked complete, etc.) or do we just move onto the next level when we feel ready? Thanks!
  17. Matthew Walker

Mobile App?

Being a software developer myself, I can tell you that from a business/technology standpoint, mobile applications (the ones from App Store/Play store) are slowly becoming less desirable. With the increase in internet access, processing power of phones and other devices, and browser standards becoming more in sync it is a lot easier and cost effective to build applications for the web. To get all the functionality of the web, especially with all the new enhancements onto a mobile app for multiple platforms is a huge lift. Maintenance is a nightmare...especially dealing with Apple.
  18. Andrey Kruglykhin

Coach Sommer posts in one place

Cory, Matthew, thanks a lot!!!
  19. Coach Sommer

Mobile App?

Patience. In the last few months you have received numerous new classes and courses, a class finder, interactive calendar and integrated plans. More on the way. Yours in Fitness, Coach Sommer
  20. Christopher Schwab

Mobile App?

Hey guys - just wanted to check on this as it has been about a year. Is there any update on the mobile app? Is it still planned, or has it been shuttered?
  21. Cory Fair

Good advice, @Matthew Walker. You can take it a step beyond that to filter only topics so replies are grouped more naturally and then start at the beginning (https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/profile/1-coach-sommer/content/?type=forums_topic&page=46). Many of Coach's original essays were back in 2008/2009.
  22. Matthew Walker

This would apply to any forum user: Click on the users image (in this case Coach Sommers) profile image (or go directly to https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/profile/1-coach-sommer/ ) There you will see a "Follow Member" button which will update you with things they do and there is also a "See Their Activity" button on the right which will show you all the posts they have interacted with.
  23. Tamra Myers

Vita Vibe stall bars - bar diameter

Thank you for your responses, Alessandro and Neil! I think you're right, Neil, eventually I will need smaller ones. I can only just get my whole hand around these. Hopefully I'll be able to adapt the equipment I purchased to the smaller bars.
  24. Andrey Kruglykhin

Is there way that Coach Sommer posts on specific themes/topics could be placed somewhere on the Forum or the web-site? Reading through all his posts across the forum including his replies to other posts, in the last years is very unproductive (I have spent several hours doing so and copying his posts into a doc file before giving up). May be somebody has a shortcut. I asked the same question in a different conversation but did not get an answer which worked. Thanks a lot in advance!!!!! .
  25. Neil Gynther

I made a set of stall bars with 1.5” dowels thinking it would be sturdier. It was mostly ok, but in the later, inverted side lever progressions my grip always gave out before anything else (kind of scary when you’re upside down). It was hard to get enough stimulus in my shoulders. Since making stall bars with 1 and 1/8” dowels I no longer have that problem. The smaller dowels do seem to give me more calluses though. You should be fine for a while with the larger dowels, but in my opinion you’re going to eventually benefit from smaller ones.
  26. Alessandro Mainente

Personally, it is like adapting to a little rope when you do rope climbing, the body reflects your activity so no matter, for now, your body will adapt better to your equipment.
  27. Alessandro Mainente

Least flexible person possibly ever

First of all, you can do the prescribed schedule for a couple of weeks and then come back (in the private forum) on the front split section with a list of your personal biggest imitations...so that we can work better, focusing on necessity.
  28. Tamra Myers

Hey folks - I bought the Vita Vibe Core series stall bars and just installed them the other day. The diameter of the bars is wider than I realized it would be, at 1.5 inches. I'm a petite woman with small to medium hands, and they just feel a bit too big for me. Has anyone else had this experience? Is this something I'll get used to, or did I make a mistake? Thanks, Tamra
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.